“An ok 3-star hotel”

Ranked #122 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Stockholm, Sweden
“An ok 3-star hotel”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The room I got was fairly big with a double bed so I had plenty of space for my stuff. it was clean enough they didn't bother cleaning out the garbage at all during my 3-night stay which is not very pleasant considering that I had eaten food in my room...
The breakfast was very good with a lot of choice but there were not enough seats around 8:30 in the morning so if you want to be sure of having a seat, go early or late. I know this is the same in many many hotels but it still annoys me that I can't have my breakfast in peace, at a table.
The location is somewhat off which suited me fine since I was in town for work and didn't go out at all but if you're looking at going out, then please consider that you'll need to take the metro and then you're looking at an additional 10-15 minute walk.

Overall though, quite nice hotel for the price, specially considering the Stockholm hotel prices.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2011

My wife & I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. It worked out at £107 per night with a breakfast. Now it has to be said that Stockholm hotels are extremely over priced. Most will not even provide a private shower or even windows for the price we paid at the Norrtull so it was a price decision that swayed us to stay here. A hotel such as this closer to the centre of town would easily be 3 times the price. Ok so as usual lets get down to the job in hand, reviewing this hotel.

Location- Ok this hotel is quite a distance from central station in down town Stockholm. It takes about 15 minutes by bus or a good 30 minutes on foot to reach it. After a long day sight seeing walking 30 minutes is a bit much. the buses do run every 20 minutes so between Monday-Friday you should not have to many issues getting to & from the hotel. The bus drops off & picks up right outside the hotel so its quite handy. The hotel is located in a quite area, no heavy traffic & conveniently there is a super market behind the Norrtull that sells all you will need, its great.

Rooms-The room we had was on the 5th floor. Room 504. The room was very clean but very basic. The bed was comfortable, there was a good roof window that let in lots of sunlight, powerful shower etc. The own side was there was no tea/coffee making facilities, no phone to call reception, no hairdryer (although one can be borrowed from reception), no safe etc. These wee details would make a large difference. It seemed strange there was a number to call reception but no phone! The other issue that really is a problem is the noise if someone else is nextdoor to your room. All rooms have wooden floors & when someone next to your room walks on them you would swear they are in your room its that loud.

Service-Check in was quick & painless. The receptionist was not overly friendly but efficent. i did however ask for a beer on the Sunday daytime & she coldly told me the bar was closed but then set about fixing me the drink reluctantly even though I had said it was fine, I would just go to the bar up the street1 I then witnessed her do the same with every other guest who asked for a drink. If the bars cloed put a big sign up saying so! Simple. The cleaners cleaned the room every day really well & changed the towels, cant fault them at all.

Breakfast- The breakfast room was very well layed out. Big buffett spread, yougarts, bacon, eggs (boiled & scrambled), lots of coffee, juices etc, it really was very tasty. the staff at breakfast were working but never seemed to intrude on anyone.

Facilities- Non that I saw. free Wi-Fi in lobby & lots of nice comfortable seats to relax in. I think there might have been a pool table somewhere.

All in all this hotel is really ok but for location & as its so basic I would not return. I mean as a business hotel I'm sure its fine but certainly not for a nice city break. the only thing that makes it compete is the price which is still over priced for what you get.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justin_Dreamz
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I stayed here as it was convenient for where I was doing business. The city is still accessible by a bus journey.

The hotel itself is nice being based in an old building with large rooms, it is nice to stay somewhere that does not have the bland corporate look that exists in every city in the world.

The restaraunt at the hotel is good.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
rome
Reviewed 15 December 2010

A big hotel with cheap price and very excellent breakfast. But too many people, too many noise, poor cleanliness and very far from center and metro.
The hotel is near the very beautiful brunssviken lake but I think I'll not return there

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 12 December 2010

This hotel is at a good location if you need to visit Karolinska, but is quite far out of the centre. The building itself is quite interestingly shaped. The room I had was very big (but I heard that my colleagues had much smaller ones) with a rather basic but fine enough interior. The toilet and shower were in separate small 'closets' which was a bit impractical. Also, there wasn't really any place to put toiletries on other than on the table in the main room. My room happened to have a very high temperature (whereas my colleagues complained about the cold in their room). Staff was very nice and the breakfast was of good quality with a nice selection of the basic things you expect in a hotel. All in all, nothing to really complain about, although the price that my company paid for it (150 Euro/night) is really too high in my opinion (I wouldn't have paid it myself)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business