3,923 results
All reviews the club lounge old town gamla stan great location central station classic room city hall arlanda express across the bridge walking distance lobby bar baltic cruise an upgrade royal palace beautiful city shopping area junior suite
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I am a Platinum Premier member of Marriott and, as such, a Platinum SPG member. I chose this hotel specifically because it was an SPG property.

The hotel is in an excellent location - it is an easy walk to Old Town, the Royal Palace, the Nobel Museum, the Cathedral, City Hall and other centrally located sights. Further it was only about a 30 minute drive to/from Arlanda Airport. The front desk staff, concierge, and bellman were attentive, helpful and friendly. My guest room was fine - it was an upgraded room with a view of the water and Old Town.

My primary complaint about the hotel was the concierge lounge. I have two main issues. First, the "dessert" item served every evening that I was there - and I was there for 5 nights - was the leftover pastries and rolls from breakfast. Croissants, danish, muffins were served in the same trays that they were served in at breakfast. Not only were they clearly leftover from breakfast but, due to this, they weren't even fresh. The hotel should be ashamed. Second, young children were allowed to run through the area, often screaming. It was so disruptful that we were forced to leave one night.

As a Platinum SPG member, I was also allowed to eat in the breakfast room - it was a chaotic mess - went once and never went back.

If you are interested in a great location and good service, I would recommend the hotel. However, if you are planning to stay at the hotel because you have lounge access, I would recommend staying somewhere else - just isn't worth it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank SeeingTheWordFromORD
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Our family of 5 stayed here for 3 nights as part of a Scandinavia vacation. The hotel is well-located, has friendly staff (whether the doorman, front desk staff, concierge, etc.). The rooms have the standard amenities and are well cleaned with comfortable beds. The buffet breakfast is above average in terms of variety and food quality--again, with very friendly staff.

We were very happy with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Obviously a water view is preferable to the center atrium (that's being generous) view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Pros: We had a south facing room. It was great looking out over the water towards Old Town.
The hotel is only blocks away from Old Town and New Town.
The staff was friendly.
Pretty good variety at the breakfast buffet.

Cons: The bathroom had a bad smell even after house keeping being there. They advertise they have in house massage therapist. When I booked one through the front desk they wanted me to travel about 3/4 miles away to get it. I just wanted one at the hotel and not go out.
In the restaurant at breakfast, I did not see pots of coffee, had to wait in-line to use a fancy coffee machine that took a long time to produce a cup of coffee.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying here,the staff were attentive Alex the bell boy was brilliant in particular yet everyone from the hotel made our stay that very bit special with our baby.

Thanks

Ps massive comfy bed!!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

As many others mentioned here before, the Sheraton Stockholm enjoys a prime location. We walked from the airport express station to the hotel. And over the five days of our stay we never needed a taxi. We reached all sights within walking distance.
As an spg Gold member, we only got a room on the second floor with a window towards the courtyard. That was a bit of a disappointment. The room was ok; a bit dated, but well kept.
The restaurant gets busy at breakfast time, though the friendly and attentive waiters make sure everyone gets a nice table. The choice is quite extensive, but surprisingly there wasn’t any salmon (another little disappointment).
Staff throughout the hotel was friendly and efficient.
The hotel does not participate in the current spg Take Three promotion (another little disappointment)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Mgmt_SSH, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear mkoller,
Thank you for recently having stayed with us in Stockholm. We are glad to know that you loved our location and the beautiful city of Stockholm and our associates were efficient and helpful.

Your feedback is extremely important to us and we will share all your comments with our teams as we are always looking for ways in which we can improve the experience of our guests and exceed your expectations throughout your stay with us.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Stockholm in the near future.
Yours Sincerely,