“Clean, spacious and convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #20 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sofia
“Clean, spacious and convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel is a great choice for Stockholm. It is very conveniently located within walking distance to the old town, the opera and the train station, very close to the main shopping area. The rooms are spacious and if you get one facing the waterfront, you will enjoy great views of the City Hall. The beds are comfortable and pillows abound. No complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pantaleia
, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Pantaleia,

It is just great to hear that you chose the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel for your visit to Stockholm in May!

From your feedback I can see that you had a lovely stay and I appreciate your review and the description of our location. We hope to see you in the future again and please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Paul Peters, General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have already decided to choose only hotels with free internet in the rooms... I truly believe that internet is no luxury but 100 % must for the business travelers. I should know that Sheraton charges this service, but forgott about it making the reservation... Ok, it's not expensive (first half an hour for free, later 100 SEK per day), but anyway.... this charges for internet, TV etc pisses me off, that's that...
I have got a room with two queen beds and view to the inner yard... exactly what I have expected from standard room for 200 EUR per night (breakfast included... if not, cost for breakfast is around 260 SEK, I will let you to decide if this is expensive or not)... anyway, prices are high in Stockholm, so this is probaly normal, but I would really expect something more... carpets in halls should be replaced a time ago, sound from doors opening are really annoying, and I wasl locked out of the room for 3 times in two days... so the electronic system is maybe too sensitive?? And I did not put the key card close to mobile, I am sure of that...
Let's go to the +: there are many... the staff is very friendyl and efficiant, concierge is great na dthe location is perfect... just a few steps from Gamlastan and very close to central station...
Take Sheraton if you ready to pay for it, but I believe that some Scandic hotels (close to the area) are of the same quality but cheaper.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear TravelX17,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is with mixed feelings that I go through your review together with my team.
There is no doubt that we are all in need of internet, whether we are travelling or staying at home. I am happy to let you know that your feedback has led us to reviewing and discussing the internet cost again. For the moment we offer free Wi-Fi in our public areas and also in our Link where we have several computers, which are there for your convenience.
The carpets have just been remodeled a couple of months ago, so as I am a bit unsecure of what you are referring to - please feel free to contact me directly and let me know.

The + are fantastic to take part of and I have made sure that everyone are aware.

Once again thank you for caring.

All the best and warm regards,
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is a large hotel but the service was quick and personal. There is no doubt Sweden is expensive but this was a large room for a decent value. Well engineered windows kept out all of the street noise and good draperies were a great comfort in the "land of the midnight sun". Room was very clean. Easy walk (4 blocks ..tough if you have alot of luggage) from the Central Train Station and great directions via email from hotel. Everything was translated into English. Didn't eat at the restaurant but it looked quite busy. As always would be nice to have free Internet. Frustrating as a frequent traveller the more expensive the hotel the more expensive the Internet.

Room Tip: Water & city view lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank slaughterbeach
, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear slaughterbeach,

My team and I here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel are glad to take part of your comments on Trip Advisor. It is important to us that our guests feel comfortable and are enjoying themselves, both at our hotel and in Stockholm, so it is great to hear that you had a good time.

June is indeed a very bright time and we love the long never-ending summer evening and nights. If you ever get a chance to visit the Northern part of Sweden you will see the midnight sun for real: from end of May to mid-July. It is just amazing!

Thank you for your time - until we see you back we wish you all the best.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

The room was very nice, my only issue is the shower, trying to keep water in when there is only half a door. Location very central and easy to get to all parts of the city. The concierge was wonderful and very helpful. They have 6 computers in the lobby for guest use.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of the alley, so nothing to see but it was very quiet,
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear ngreenblum,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Stockholm in June, and for your feedback here on tripadvisor. It is important that our guests feel comfortable and at home at all times.

I am especially glad to read that you found our concierge helpful and wonderful, and I have forwarded your comments. Maybe you will be back already next summer, or before? No matter the occasion, leisure or business, you are always welcome back to us to enjoy our hospitality.

Traveler from Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night after our cruise, and all our expectations were exceeded. The person checking us in saw that we were tired from our disembarkation and cab ride, and quickly checked us into our club room before 10am. The room was very comfortable and quiet. Our lounge access gave us a place to check in for our flight and get some beverages before heading out to see this beautiful city. The staff was the most helpful we've had in a long time. The ice machine had lots of ice buckets, so if you didn't want to go back to your room for it, it was right there. The hotel is very clean, with many small conveniences and touches (we got macarons in our room in the afternoon).

The hotel is very well located, right near the T-centrale subway and the central train station, as well as a very easy walk to the Old town, the palace, and all the attractions (5-10 minutes walk from pretty much everything). A little longer walk (maybe 25-30 minutes) got us to the many museums, including the museum of modern art and the Vasa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevators if you have lots of luggage. Though they will help yo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IG_from_Boston
, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear IG_from_Boston,

How can I thank you? Your review is absolutely great and it makes me happy to take part of it.
Thank you for your warming words: expectations were exceeded. Just through these few words you point out exactly what staying at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel should be all about, and I am so glad you had a chance to experience it.

I wish you all the best and would be more than happy to host you again.