“Old hotel far from everything”
Review of Hotel Hansson

Hotel Hansson
Ranked #124 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Old hotel far from everything”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Lobby area looks very nice and cozy but we go two rooms, both of them really outdated, bathroom creepy, need a renovation. Nothing special about breakfast which was included in the room charge. It's really far from all the main attractions, will not stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Bristol
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We have stayed in a few 4* Stockholm hotels and the Hansson compares favourably. Our initial room was quite rustic but large and comfortable. Although the room was clean the bathroom had several long black hairs on the floor and in the shower area. Being early April it was very cold outside (only 2 – 3°C) and the room was not especially warm but was made worse by the maid leaving the window open on our second day and by the time we got back in the evening it was freezing. Fortunately the hotel was quite quiet and we were move to an executive room on the 5th floor – very nice – warm and comfortable, with a clean, spacious bathroom and under floor heating. In both rooms the beds were good and we slept well. The breakfast was okay, a little lacking in fruit but that could be the time of year, could have been better for a 4* hotel. Would I stay there again? Yes, but not between October and April.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 4 April 2012

So, first thing we noticed were the nice surroundings and a beautiful lobby, which was very elegant and nicely decorated. Stunned by the first glance of the room which had a rustic charm to it with wood rafters and stone floors, a giant bed with a huge pile of pillows and everything in shades of brown and gold. The bathroom, also decorated in brown, was very roomy, had floor heating and offered good quality shampoo, conditioner, soap and body lotion. So far so good. However, when I had a closer look the bed tables I noticed they had not been cleaned, they were dusty and sticky and I even found a hair on my side, yuck! The little snack table and the TV shelf were equally dusty with water marks after glasses, not nice at all! It destroyed my first good impression of the room. I ended up cleaning them myself, with increasing irritation.The bed was extremly comfy, we slept like babies, and the service from the reception was indeed very good. I asked them if they could keep our bottle of wine in their fridge for later (since the hotel room didn't have a refrigerator) which they graciously agreed to, even tho they probably would have liked to sell their own wine at the hotel bar instead. Later that night, when hubby and I bought two glasses of white wine from the hotel bar (wine was delicious!), we asked if we could bring them to our room to enjoy there, which they allowed. I really appreciated that they were willing to change some of the hotel "rules" for our comfort, that's good service to me. The breakfast the following day had everything you could ask for, bacon, eggs, different types of bread, waffles that you could make yourself, yoghurts and loads of different types of cereal, fresh fruit and vegetables, juices, teas and coffee. The breakfast place was very inviting and peaceful, with candles and soft music in the background. Might have been the best hotel breakfast experience I've had actually! Check in and check out went smooth. The guy in the reception was new at work but very eager to help so it wasn't a problem at all. To sum it up, had the room been cleaner I would have given Hotel Hansson a 5 star rating. My advice to the hotel owners, get better cleaners, you don't deserve to get a bad rating just 'cause they're not doing their job.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JessFromSweden
brussels
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The out side of the hotel is fine, the reception is small, and the breakfast area is ok and as could be expected for a relatively small hotel.

However I was amazed by the poor quality of the room! Really I dont think I have ever seen a worse room for even half of this cost and I often stay in Hotels in many countries.

I booked via Hotels.com and paid 1,495 SEK ( €164). Note that this was if anything slightly more expensive than the hotel directly- so be careful with booking sites. The first room I was offerd had a broken toilet and the shower bracket was also broken so the shower head hung down by the wall. The room was creaky with a cheap lino floor. I asked to change the room. I was told that it was a room for rennovation, I mentioned that as far as was aware I had booked a room, regardless and in a 4* hotel at that price I expected a lot more. In fact I have stay at a Lithuanian hostel and had fully work facilities at 1/10 of the price.

I complained and was told the hotel was full (?????). But they found a second room for me, this at least had a working shower and toilet. However the toilet was stained and the bath room cheap and in a very poor state of repair (ref uploaded photo).

Apparently there are a few other rooms in the hotel that have been modernised and cost only a few Euro more. I have not seen. But based on these facilities and my expereince it is extremly poor value. It should be at least 1/3 of the price beieng charged and it should be made very clear that the room will be of simmilar quality to an Accor Formula 1 hotel, except that also many things will be broken in this hotel.

In additon wifi is extra, there is minute storage space, no double glazing in the bathroom (fortunately not winter). No Arico, no laundry bag, stained and marked furniture. Positive; the bed was clean and quite comfortable.

Oh, yes, my glass was broken at breakfast- but did not mention, at time I focussed on the check out !

If you have to stay there ensure completely that you get the renovated room that they show in their publicity. I see reviews from people that have stayed there that have been quite happy. But in principal I would recommend not to stay because of their practice of offering low quality broken rooms at high prices.

Room Tip: If you have to stay; never take a room that it is to be removated for a price more than €60. Ensure...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank PeterCbrussels

Travellers are raving about these Stockholm hotels

Toronto
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel, on recommendation of a colleague, whose office was located nearby. It's a couple of stops from Centraal by underground, and there's quite a few shopping areas and restaurants close.

It has a very nice restaurant, that we ate at our first evening. We went with Swedish special meal. The chef actually came out from the kitchen to ask how we enjoyed the meal. They were quite helpful and explained the history of the meal itself. We also had breakfast, included in the room rate. Breakfast was good quality and lots of choice.

The room was comfortable and looked out on a quiet side street. Being on an outside wall allowed me to connect via an outside WiFi service - no in-hotel WiFi service.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple