“A scandal. Do not go to this hotel. Cannot be trusted”
Review of Nordic Light Hotel

Nordic Light Hotel
Ranked #34 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I arrived late after a long day and a flight. I had a garanteed and confirmed reservation. After waiting at reception for someone to show up, I was informed that the hotel was overbooked and could not provide my room. This is not what you expect ! I have travelled a lot in many countries around the world and I have never never been in that situation. No hotel should dare do this. They pretended to try to find another hotel for me, with all Stockholm hotels presumably full. They ended sending me 1 hour later to a Formule 1 hotel which I was told was a 3 star hotel where I would pay the same rate as at the Nordic Light (around 2200 SEK). Obviously Formule 1 has no star, rooms are cells, with no bathroom and cost 500 SEK.
It is hard for me to believe this is happening ! My advice: Nordic Light is not trust worthy, DO NOT book there, DO NOT go there.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank EtnaB
Charlotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Guest,

At first I am really sorry for this and I understand that you are upset, confused and certainly wonder about how something like this can happen?
We continuously strive to improve the service we provide towards our guests and I am deeply sorry that the hotel did not manage to meet your expectations this time.

I really hope you will visit us again so that we can convince you that we can deliver a pleasant stay at the Nordic Light Hotel.

Do not hesitate to contact me for any questions!

Charlotta Svedberg

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I'm surprised by some of the reviews here and some are a bit over the top..

The hotel is in a great location and close to the terminal for the direct train to the airport so that is a plus. Unfortunately the downsides are that the rooms are very small and bathrooms dated. I also found the rooms tone cold and the bed linen looked 'tired'...

The bar is unfriendly and essentially your sitting in the lobby giving the feel of a soulless airport bar, the restaurant is just an extension of the lobby with a dozen tables again situated at the back of the large lobby. Breakfast was disappointing, quality was poor, one breakfast room was like sitting in a large refrigeration unit as it was all white with white furniture. In my opinion the tables and chairs were very dirty and the place needed a good clean.

The hotel is far from High Class, it's average at best. I will be staying in Stockholm for 4 weeks on business and unfortunately I cannot stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JudithChalmers09
Charlotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I just read your review and at first I’m sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We continuously strive to improve the service we provide towards our guests and therefore highly value your comments.

We usually say that Nordic Light Hotel is Stockholm’s design hotel inspired by the northern light, with a sleek, stylish exterior that conceals a warm, welcoming interior but you seem to have a different opinion about it. We have many reviews regarding our nice breakfast which makes it even more disappointing to see that you felt differently.

We have several room categories and some of the single rooms are quite small. There are also superior and De Luxe rooms which are more spacious with both shower and bathtub.
Nice that you will come back to Stockholm and I hope you will visit us some day
during this period.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a very cool design hotel in a good location. When you enter the lobby you can experience some nice design, exciting light features, cool music and trendy people. The hotel rooms (double) are spacious and also has a special light theme in different colors. The beds are huge and comfortable and can provide a very good night sleep. The hotel staff are very service minded, helpful and can provide you with some good recommendations. I hope to stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Charlotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for your nice feedback from your stay with us. Very nice to hear that you appreciated the hotel with the light theme and also that you felt our staff friendly and serviceminded.

I hope to be able to welcome you back soon again!

Charlotta

Reviewed 28 March 2012

The rooms are good, modern, weel-maintained and clean, and the food in the restaurant is great (modern Scandinavian cuisine), as is the selcetion of oversaes wine. There's also other facilities such as fitness room etc.
The staff was pleasant and helpfull, allthough a couple of employees seemed very slow on the uptake and lacking basic training.
The hotel bar is in the lobby, comfy sofas, DJ in the weekends etc., the drinks are not very good.

All summed up; this hotel is a "classic" design/botique hotel amongst the better of them.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CopenhagenLady
Charlotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Guest

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and thank you for the important feedback. So nice to hear that you liked the rooms and the food in our restaurant. We always strive to improve us and deliver the best service to our guests. Welcome back to us the next time you visit Stockholm.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Nordic Light is a very nice hotel located 100 meters from the airport express train station which makes it really convenient for a late business arrival or just general for accessing the hotel from the airport.

The rooms are funky, with ambient lighting and nice furniture. Bathrooms are stylish and clean and they have complementary high end shampoo for you to use as a nice extra touch. The beds are comfortable but I could have wanted better pillows. The rooms are quiet, at least the one I had which had windows inwards and not towards the street. If you want to make sure for it to be quiet ask for a room not facing the street, not that I know if it is noisy if you get one towards the street.

The breakfast is superb with a lot of variety, smoothies, high quality juice, cold cuts etc. The restaurant and bar has a very nice vibe and crowd in the evening. There is a gym, complementary wifi.

All in all a very good stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Charlotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Nordic Light Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice review regarding your stay here with us at Nordic Light Hotel and we are happy to hear that you liked the room and the breakfast. Our new gym will open soon, so you are welcome to try it the next time you visit us.

Kind Regards