All reviews sister hotel metro station quiet street hotel hellsten nice hotel three nights single room minute walk top floor central stockholm free coffee city break the main shopping street bars and restaurants beautiful city yogurt herring
Reviewed 2 July 2017

short distances to the city, very good breakfast, good service at the breakfast and at the reception. We want a double bed room but we got a two single bed room. A Cange was not possible. All rooms are very small. But don't know if our room was 12 m2 or 14 m².

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The rooms were very small and overlooked a noisy courtyard with people sitting right outside our windows. We had to keep the curtains drawn or would have been overlooked. There was only a tiny cupboard with 3 coathangers for 2 people.The bathroom was very dark and the shower flooded the floor making it slippery and dangerous. To open a window because it was warm we had to climb onto a windowledge. We had to ring reception twice one night because of noise. The single room we booked was an outhouse and was ridiculously small. It also had a bad smell.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HellstenHotelsSthlm, Informationsansvarig at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear lindapL135JN,
Thank you for sharing a review, although I wish it would have been on a more positive note. I am very sorry that we didnt live up to your expectations!

Our rooms all comes in different shapes and sizes, some bigger and some smaller. If you're not happy with the room given, please let the reception know - most of times we're able to change for another one. I'm also sorry to hear you were disturbed by noise from the courtyard, we clear it at 10PM to reduce noise during nighttime, but it seems like this didnt happen during your stay.

Please accept our apologies for not providing you with a memorable stay. We do hope you would consider staying with us again as we would love a second chance to do better.

Best regards,
Matilda Sjöberg, Marketing Coordinator, Hellsten Hotels Stockholm

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend the hotel. Rooms were clean, staff were friendly, especially the reception staff who were happy to go the extra mile which makes the difference e.g. printing our return flight online boarding passes which was very helpful. Buffet breakfast was very good with a wide choice and the all this in a building with character.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Although not located in the tourist part of town this hotel is very conveniently situated for good value restaurants and it is easy to get to the sights either by a short metro ride or a fifteen minute pleasant walk. The hotel is very quiet, the staff friendly and very helpful. Breakfast is excellent and the times of opening are good. This is an extremely good value hotel and we would have no hesitation in recommending it for a comfortable stay in Stockholm for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I specified I needed a quiet room, I got a room in the bar. Literally. Lack of privacy, of quietness and safety.

I ask for a room change, they told me they were going to look into it and never got back to me.

This place? Never again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Simonebeau,
It is mighty important for us that our guests get a good nights sleep and feel safe why we're very sorry to hear that we didn't suceed this time, please accept our sincere apologies. Most of times we're able to change rooms if a guest let us know they're not happy with the one they've been given, but sometimes when we're fully booked this is not possible. It seems like you had asked for a quiet room beforehand, why I regret that we couldnt fulfill your request.
I do hope that you would consider staying with us again, as we would love a second chance. If you do decide to come back, please send me an email directly at marketing@hellsten.se and I will do my absolute best to fulfill your requests.
Kind regards,