“Stockholm Best Western”

Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm
Ranked #56 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We didnt have any problems staying here, it was a small but cosy room with a lovely breakfast every morning. close enough to walk everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for your review!
Hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards,
Torbjorn Brown / GM

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Old hotel that was OK but I wouldn't stay here again. Beds a little uncomfortable, window blinds didn't close properly, no air conditioning, bathroom needs renovation, only one lift worked, basic breakfast, cleaning could be improved. Basically the whole place is in need of a renovation.

But location was OK. There are a lot of better hotels in Stockholm (but some of them much more expensive).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Thank You for reviewing our hotel!
I am so sorry that everything was not satisfactory during your stay. I would like to offer an explanation as to why your experience was not top grade.
We are under process of refurbishing and renovating the hotel, about half of the rooms have been refurbished, and the other half will be during 2012/2013. The elevators are being renovated to meet new government standards, one of which was being worked on during your stay.
I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to prove that we aim to give all our guests superior service and a comfortable stay.
I hope to see you as a guest with us again soon.
Kind regards,
Torbjorn Brown/GM

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed one night in this hotel for business, and found it very reasonable. I thought $280 was a little high for a weeknight, but most of the other hotels I tried were booked. The room was nice, and I especially liked the heated bathroom floors (I needed the warmth after being out in the steady drizzle all evening.) The window was tiny, but it was a short stay so that's OK. The front desk staff was efficient but not very friendly. Seemed like they didn't want to deal with customers. The WiFi was fine for me, and the breakfast was decent, although I've had better breakfasts elsewhere in Sweden. There are lots of fine restaurants in the area, and I spent a pleasant afternoon shopping and dining in the neighborhood. It took me about 25 minutes to walk to the train station from this hotel (pulling a suitcase), so it's convenient if you're spending the night before or after using the Stockholm airport.

1  Thank PeterBSanFrancisco
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.
I am glad everything about your room was satisfactory.
I also appreciate the constructive critisism about the service and will take it up for discussion with the staff.
Kind regards and I hope to see you again in the future.
Torbjorn Brown / GM

Reviewed 21 April 2012

The room was of a reasonable size for this cost-effective hotel. The bed comfortable. Usual boring beige and brown colour scheme but clean enough. The problem for me was the smell. My room kept having rancid fat smells wafting up from about 06:00 and when I started to enter the breakfast room I could not go in as the overpowering smell of stale fat and cooking was so strong. The receptionist was very sympathetic but I guess if you work with the smell all the time you stop noticing it eventually.There is a small bar to help yourself to tea and coffee which is a very nice touch. It is in a good location and was convenient for my 2 day stay but I would not choose it again.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I could find good rates for my stay in this Hotel last february. They were very nice and gave me a double room although I was traveling on my own. They have 24 hours reception desk and luggage storage, that truly helps. They are close to Sveavagen street, the main avenue that takes you to the comercial city centre.
I had lots of problems to work on line in this hotel, almost imposible to open a website in my room. They provide a temporary password, but I had to work in their lobby all days, that made my stay quite unconfortable, because I needed to work somehow!.
The breakfast is worth it!. They have different types of bread, yogurt, fruit, bacon, eggs,etc.
The Hotel is very quiet and the rooms are very spacious.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business