All reviewsslussen metro stationold towngamla stangreat locationstreet noisefamily roomno liftbasic roomacross the bridgestayed for nightsstockholm hotelsshared bathroomwould highly recommend this hotellong weekendlovely roomluxury hotelhotel is located
Reviewed 22 September 2017

I stayed at Hotel Anno 1647 for 4 nights in August 2017. I chose this Hotel mainly based on Tripadvisor reviews and price since Stockholm Hotels can be a bit pricy. The following review is based on a Hotel in this price category and I am not comparing Hotel Anno 1647 with the Four Seasons or any other luxury Hotel. I opted for the basic room with a shared Bathroom and shared Toilet on the same floor.
Let’s start with the bad part first: There is definitely a noise issue to consider. This is an old building and some of the walls are paper thin. You will hear your neighbors coming and going, and based on the location of your room you will have some major street noise, especially on weekend nights. Also, there is a major construction project going on close to the Hotel, therefore a sledge hammer may wake you between 7:45am and 8:00am during the week. To me personally, the noise was the only major drawback. Now, to the good part. Although I opted for the basic room, sharing the Bathroom or the Toilet was no problem at all. During my 4 night stay I only encountered the Bathroom busy once. I waited 10 minutes and the coast was clear. On my floor, both, Bathroom and Toilet were clean. My room was very small, had only a small bed, a sink with a fresh towel daily and a fairly large flat screen TV, but was definitely clean! Since I was sightseeing all day long, I did not spend much time in my room. The Front Desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The location of the Hotel is very good. A short stroll over the bridge and you are in the Old Town (Gamla Stan) of Stockholm. In general, most major Stockholm attractions can be reached walking; only the Vasa Museum is a little further away. Bars, Restaurants and convenience stores are also very close by. To me personally, the best part was the Breakfast. Considering the price category of this Hotel, the complimentary breakfast was simply amazing. You will have a wide variety of options to choose from. Would I stay at this Hotel again? MOST DEFINITIVELY!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We enjoy staying in non traditional hotels, bed and breakfast, etc and this was perfect. It was built in 1647 and is an interesting building. The breakfast was wonderful with many choices. The hotel has rooms with private bathrooms. We opted for the less expensive shared bathroom. It was close to our room, always clean and we never saw anyone else in it so we never had a wait. It is close to major attractions and the metro.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street and there was a lot of noise from pedestrians late at night.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank oneillpt
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This place has a great location and the staff is great and very welcoming.
Super nice breakfast and value for money is great.
We stayed the four of us in a family room. Two separate bedrooms and a third room with a sofa and TV.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great visit, very convinient, friendly staff and lovely food. AMAZING SITUATION IN SODERMALM WENT ON MILENIUM WALKING, SATURDAY TOUR. Bit of a climb to room, no lift but well worth it.A lovely holiday. Thank you

Room Tip: Bear in mind no lift. some rooms have views to the front of the building, request when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised checking in here. Stockholm hotels are so expensive and this place was certainly on the cheaper end of the spectrum, but didn't feel cheap at all, especially considering the central location and breakfast included. The room was small but clean, and was fine for a traveller like me. The location is great, steps from Slussen station, and walking distance to the old city attractions. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. You do get some street noise from the nearby bars but really only loud on a Fri night, the rest of the times I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. A couple of days the Wi-Fi only worked about half of the time, but otherwise worked well enough to watch Netflix and FaceTime with home.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo