“Not even avarage”

Clarion Hotel Amaranten
Ranked #65 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Negative: Worn down room and uncomfortable bed. Definitely not four-star in my opinion. Breakfast buffe nice, but packed with people and not organized properly.

Positive: Good location next to a tube-station. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tom_and_molly

Reviewed 3 December 2011

Hotel is only 300m far frrom Central station, good place for transpotration to Stockholm fair, where are most of congresses. Rooms are clean, minamalistic, good for overnight.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel features small rooms and bathrooms. What I found particularly strange and annoying was that the bath/shower drained directly on to the bathroom floor making it permanently wet. Breakfast was good, but there were not enough tables to accomodate all guests.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BraddyBcn
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I had checked into this hotel on the 26th of October and stayed in this hotel till the 5th of November. I had arrived in this hotel at around 10 in the night.At first they had given me keys to room no:505. When I reached the room, there was someone's stuff in there , a laptop and camera came to my notice. I had realized that the people at the front desk had given me access to a wrong room. I went back to the reception, they apologized to me and gave me keys to my real room. This was a major security breach and I should have just checked out of the hotel the next day itself. But I did not.
The room where I stayed was in the fifth floor and very small .For straight five days they did not even change my sheets until I raised it with them. Only guests, cleaners and hotel staff can get into the lifts as you need the keys to activate the lifts.
On the 4th of November when I returned to my room after a days work, I found out that my hand luggage(It had my personal laptop) which I had kept locked in my room was stolen. I had kept my cosmetics( including my comb), my Iphone charger in one of the shelves. The shelves were wiped clean. The books that I had in the front pocket of my hand luggage were thrown out and replaced with my cosmetics and my charger!!

Even though the hotel helped me in making a police report, they were very casual about it. They went back on their word as well. In the night , the lady at the reception had told me that they would reimburse me and asked me to buy items that are of utmost necessity but asked me to keep a bill.This happened on the Friday before Halloween, so managers were all on leave for the weekend.They asked me to come back on monday when the hotel manager would be there. So I went ahead and bought stuff that was of utmost necessity and came on monday morning to meet the manager. They went back on their word!! They refused to reimburse me for my loss stating that their insurance does not cover theft of my personal belongings from my room which was locked. It was as good as losing something in a public place!!
No one in the hotel has taken the initiative to contact me about the theft. I had to follow it up every couple of days to determine the status.They were not even willing to contact the house keeping till Monday! They only have CCTvs in their two exit points. They don't have any in the hallways. CCTV footage was not checked till Tuesday. I am not sure about whether they really checked it even now. I had showed them the pictures of an identical bag which was of different colour to the one I had lost. They were not able to spot someone taking my luggage out, which means it might still be in the hotel. But nobody has been able to locate it.

So please be very wary of staying in this hotel. There is every chance that people can rob you off your things from your own room!! I feel like they hardly care about the customer's security. I have stayed in so many places before and this has never happened to me. I felt so violated. What if I had been in my room when this happened!! I am so scared to even think about that now! i checked out from this place on the 5th of November itself.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Meera_Joseph
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Our tour guide mentioned the hotel was "addressing issues;" however, of 6 cities on our tour, this hotel was my LEAST favorite.

First, I didn't think the location was close to the historic district and major sightseeing attractions. After the tour bus dropped us back at the hotel in the early afternoon, I didn't want to walk 30+ minutes back downtown later in the day. It also seemed remote even for good shopping. The Italian restaurant about a block from the hotel was VERY nice with good value - sorry, can't remember the name, but it was recommended by one of the staff at registration. They were always helpful but couldn't remedy issues with the hotel, like plumbing or decor.

Second, although our room was quite large with comfortable beds, the bathroom was awful. The tub drain was either clogged or not installed correctly as the water from a shower flooded the floor during each use. Others on the tour complained about the same problem. The bath mat was useless - it got soaked and you'd be standing in the bathroom with water oozing through your toes. I thought it might be better to take a bath, but there was no plug. I called the front desk and asked to have someone bring one up. We got 3 different plugs brought up in about 30 minutes, but none fit the drain - no bath!

Third, the breakfast buffet was quite adequate, but the room was dark and quite unfriendly.

Also, the charge to use the one computer in the lobby was very expensive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends