Hotel Birger Jarl
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$ 117
US$ 89
US$ 153
  • Pool
Hilton Stockholm Slussen(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$ 163
US$ 479
Grand Hotel(Stockholm)
US$ 372
  • Pool
Hotel Kung Carl, BW Premier Collection(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
US$ 175
US$ 170
Hotel Rival(Stockholm)
US$ 249
US$ 221
Agoda.com
1,660 results
All reviewsnice hotelcity centrebreakfast buffett banaminute walkquiet streetold townmini barunderground stationmeatballsjunior suitegamla stanbusiness hotelbusiness tripon foott centralennice bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed there with my students on while on the class trip to Stockholm. The prices were really good and so was the food and the service. The only problems were that the room heating was uneven and almost 80% of the tv channels did not work or had a really bad reception. I would still recommend it though.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Sofia I, Shift Leader at Hotel Birger Jarl, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a guest review! We look close at all feedback in order to improve and maintain a good service and product.I hope to welcome you back soon again, for the next class trip or maybe private!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Good hotel and staff! Great location and the breakfast was delicious! Rooms are clean and they are remodeling at this time for the better. We walked everywhere and it is centrally located great value for your money.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear David,

Thank you so much for the generous rate and review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and really hope that you will be back here some day soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I stayed here two nights. The bedroom is towards the functional minimalist end of hotel rooms but everything works, the rooms are very clean, the bathroom soaps are fine.

The beds are comfortable, very standard fare in Nordic countries, lots of easy access electrical points, often missing in many hotels, functional iron ( not steam), proper ironing board, fridge with two waters,( they may be free, I drank one the first night and was not charged), two towels, two hand towels, wall mounted soap dispensers ( again standard for this part of the world) , but also three little soap bottles.

The entrance to the bedroom is narrow enough to make you walk in sideways, and working in the room is more sitting on one of the two chairs and having the lap top on the bed. Still, at €100 a night for a pretty central hotel it is not expensive.

It is functional rather than luxurious, but perfectly fine, clean, and unremarkable. Maybe they have stopped all the hammering, but I found the hotel quiet, on the third floor facing into the back of the hotel, so no worries there.Good lights in the room. Didn't turn the TV on, but there is about a 32 inch TV in the corner.Plenty of hangers for your clothes, unusual enough these days.

I looked at the restaurant food, another train station set up rather than a place to linger or bring friends, and it seemed more expensive than outside, so I went outside for a restaurant.

The breakfast was good, with a wide display of the ham and cheese type of Northern Europe fare, but also two types of sausage, scrambled eggs, beans and the usual extras. Maybe six types of jam laid out, bowls of fruit , four types of yoghurt, decent coffee, good bread. I'm not a big eater in the morning, but this was good fare.

Check in folk were very professional, responsive, got taxis on demand or at specific times when ordered, restaurant manager Pierre was attentive, filling up our coffee cups when we were chatting in the lobby, so I liked the folk.

Stayed: January 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write us a guest review!

I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, thank you for all the details! I feel proud to see that the different sides of the hotel could meet your demands. For your next stay you might even make a dinner reservation with Pierre in the restaurant.

I hope to see you here again and wish you welcome back!

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We visit Stockholm every year and always stay at the Hotel Birger Jarl. It is really like home. We can't imagine being treated any better by staff. We recommend it highly. The breakfast is wonderful but the best part is the staff. Oh, I forgot to mention that our room is always spotless and welcoming.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Irene L, Shift Leader at Hotel Birger Jarl, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback and for your kind words.
Im happy to read that you enjoy staying at the Hotel and that you keep on coming back,
We are happy to have you as our guest.

Warmly welcome back next year!

Best Regards,
Irene Lillmåns

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Found this hotel to be very good for the price. Located less than 5 min walk from the metro. Warm comfortable rooms with all the amenities and fast WiFi.

Unfortunately at the moment there is room renovations taking place from 9am and they are LOUD. If you intend to be in your room during the day perhaps look at another hotel.

Staff are hit and miss - I had a lovely lady upon Check-in but subsequently found the staff to be somewhat lacking in customer service abilities.

Overall a recommended hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nickcom

Dear Nick,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback, it means a lot to us!
I'm happy that you liked the location and your room in the Hotel.
Bu i'm sorry to read that you were disturbed by the construction work that was going on in the Hotel.
We are now done with the building and I hope that you will give us a new chance to welcoming you to our new rooms!

Best Regards,