“Hot and uncomfortable”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #35 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel very recently in room 749. I give the room number as the hotel might want to check out the drains in the bathroom, they were omitting a foul smell. I was staying in Stockholm for 24 hours only on business and only spend seven hours in the room in total so I didn’t have the opportunity to complain. I wasn't asked on checkout if everything went OK otherwise I would have mentioned it.

If I was staying longer I would have definately asked to be moved.

Setting the smell aside as it may have been that room only, the room was very stylish. The bed was reasonably comfortable apart from the half sized pillows which were style over functionality. I found myself moving them around a lot to get comfortable. The room was hot and there is no aircon. The people travelling with me also complained about this and it did impact on sleep quality.

It is a few footsteps from the station.

Disappointing, personally I would not go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Murray007
Charlotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Guest,

At first I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations regarding the room.
We have inspection of the rooms every day but I have also contacted our Maintenance department about this. All rooms have climate control were you can change the temperature but there is no air-condition. Sorry to hear that this caused you a bad sleep.

I am very pleased to hear that you liked our recently renovated room.

Best regards,
Charlotta Svedberg

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Nordic sea hotel situated just at the exit of Arlanda Express station, which you will use to reach to city from airport. Hotel is really close to Gamla Stan and the breakfast buffet was amazing.

Highly recommended...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toz82

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review after your stay with us; It was a very enjoyable read!
I agree with you, the location is perfect near the Airport Train and also in the city center.
Hope you will be visit us again!

Best regards, Charlotta

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We got an excellent price ( for Stockholm ) on the hotel site for 2 nights. Location could not be better - got off the Arlanda Express on a cold rainy morning and walked into the hotel. 10 minute walk to Gamla Stag, the old town, and right at the subway and central train station. All manner of restaurants in the area. Really appreciated the subway location when we woke up to a freak blizzard, and not appropriately dressed or shod! Made it a museum day and had very few steps to take outside. Breakfast included and much more extensive than the usual continental breakfast that is included in Europe, with nice warm croissants, breads, eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, pancakes, cereals, porridge, cheese, cold buts, etc. That was a nice surprise. All staff very pleasant and helpful.
Room on the 2nd floor was updated, overlooking the entrance to Arlanda Express station. It was clean and comfortable with a nice modern bathroom. No street noise. Everything great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank emengee
Lotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review and that we successfully reach your expectations during your stay here! The location is really perfect with walking distance to all public transportations, attractions, restaurants and nice shopping.
Welcome back the next time you visit Stockholm!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I chose this hotel primarily because of the icebar and location, both of which earns this place a big thumbs up. If you stay at the hotel and show your room key you can get a discount on entry making it 150 SEK for entrance and a drink.

The staff were quite helpful although their tourist knowledge wasn't really the best.

We had one of the newly refurbished rooms (with a window!) for 995 SEK which was OK value, particularly in pricey Stockholm. The room was clean, had a minibar that wasn't too expensive and a nice bathroom with an excellent shower.

The breakfast had a good selection of tasty things.

Generally everything about it was good but it wasn't a place that was so unique/ great value/ special that I would rush back to stay there again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma B
Lotta S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for your nice feedback from your stay with us. Nice to hear that you liked our recently renovated rooms. After this summer we will continue the renovation with the lobby, restaurant and the Icebar. I hope to be able to welcome you back to a completely renovated hotel next winter!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel because of the Ice Bar and the proximity to the city center. The train station is literally 50m from the hotel entrance, from there everything else is in walking distance. Stockholm is very expensive, however we did find a all you can eat Thai/sushi buffet on the main strip. Our room was extremely small and there was no window. It was ok for one night, but I would not recommend staying in such a small room for more than one night. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was not that bad. If I stayed there again, I would stay in a larger room even if it was only one night.

Room Tip: Unless you are a couple or very great friends, do not choose the rooms with no windows, they are ext...