3,338 results
All reviews the executive lounge old town diamond member gamla stan across the bridge main building an upgrade excellent location junior suite metro stop underground station breakfast buffet meatballs long weekend vasa museum t bana beautiful city
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Overall, I recommend this hotel, but there were a few things the restaurant could have done to make the experience better. First, despite a conversation at check-in and a specific request for a quiet room (and also being HHonors members who were going to stay for a week!!) we ended up one story above a busy street at south end of hotel. Walking to our wing took a long time. Housekeeping showed up very late in the day (maybe they did our wing last?) which was inconvenient if we chose to take a late afternoon nap. Other than these problems, the staff were pleasant, responsive (thank you for the breakfast-to-go bags you prepared for our early morning departure!), and the restaurant is also very pleasant. One of the nicest aspects of the hotel is the spacious seating in the community spaces on the ground floor -- lots of room to spread out, have a late night drink, and chat without too much noise. Location of hotel is very good, close to historic district.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Julia H, Assistant Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear gazooboy:

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found most of the hotel to your liking and I hope that you had a memorable stay in Stockholm.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience with your room allocation, if a guest is unsatisfied with the room we really appreciate to get the information directly so that we can find another room to move the guest to.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to us next time you are visiting Stockholm.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 25 July 2016

As highly recommended by my colleague, I booked Hilton even though it is the most expensive hotel booking for my Scandinavian trip. It is closed to metro station and is within walking distance to the old town.

I checked in in the morning with my friend. Thankfully we could be arranged a room immediately. Our room window is just opposite to an office building and we could see clearly what people were doing in each separate window which is funny.

I am most impressed by the hospitality of the Thailand waiter serving in the cafe during breakfast time. He smiles cheerfully and has excellent memory. During my second breakfast there, he remembered that I had another companion with me. So he asked friendly, “where is your friend?” He also remembered that I ordered coffee the day before. Therefore he asked if I would like the same. I asked if breakfast box could be arranged for me and my friend the next day as we would check out on early morning. Another staff approached me. Thought that he is the supervisor for catering. He told me that I could check with the reception the next day with his limited English.

Probably because of miscommunication, no breakfast boxes were prepared for me and my friend on next morning. The Manager in the front desk told us that he would fix it. Gratefully we didn’t need to wait for long and each of us was given a bag of breakfast. There was still plenty of time for us to enjoy our breakfast in the airport before flying to Copenhagen.

A huge THANK to everyone in Hilton!

Room Tip: Choose room overlooking the seaview
Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends

Dear nemo_aussie.

There is no need for you to thank us; it is we that should thank you for choosing to come visit us and for taking the time to share your feedback.

It makes me really glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel to your liking. I will forward all your nice comments to the staff and especially the breakfast department.

It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are looking forward to welcome you back to us.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

You expect something more when you book a top end room here

The room was nice and clean, but quite worn down.
Good space, helpful staff.
Breakfast was very nice.

For the price we will go elsewhere next time.
It is not exactely in the center of things either.
For that special feel there are better hotels.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Norwegianguy248

It makes me sad to see that you did not feel that you got the value expected for the price you paid.

We always try to maintain the rooms and keep them up to date and that is an ongoing project.

However it makes me glad to see that you liked the staff and the breakfast and I hope that you still had time to enjoy Stockholm.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

A well positioned hotel with easy access to the town and Central Station being a 20 min walk tops.
The staff were very helpful, the facilities and breakfast was also great. The room however was very compact with very little closet space. I would recommend both the hotel and the area.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear sprat358

First of all i want to thank you for choosing Hilton Stockholm Slussen and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I am glad to see that you liked Stockholm and the hotel. As you mention some rooms are in the smaller size, this is because there is not so high demand for larger rooms in Sweden. If a guest feels that the room is too small there are other categories that our guests can upgrade to.

I hope that we will see you back with us next time you are visiting Stockholm.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

At the end of a wonderful Baltic Sea cruise, my wife and I spent 5 days in Stockholm at the Hilton Slussen which proved to be a good choice. Overall our stay was positive even though we had some confusion with our reservation and ended up spending two days in a smaller room facing a side street and three days spent in a larger room with a lovely view of the old city. The reservation issue was mostly a corporate Hilton issue so I can't fault the hotel for the change of rooms in the middle of our stay.

So lets start with positives first...as with real estate, sometimes the three most important words in the hotel business are "location, location, location" and when it comes to experiencing the heart of Stockholm, this is the place to be. The hotel faces the Gamla Stan which is the small island upon which the heart of the old city lies. We could walk out of the door of the hotel and within 5 minutes be strolling among the shops and restaurants of the beautiful cobblestone streets of old Stockholm. The only drawback however, is that all of the rooms of any hotel can not all have scenic views and as I mentioned before, we did have a room for two nights which did not have a view.

The hotel itself is a little confusing as it appears to have grown into three or four separate buildings that are now linked together. In some instances we had to use one elevator to get to a common level and then move to another bank of elevators in a different building to complete the journey. For example, if we wanted to use the executive lounge we would use the elevator for our building, go to the ground floor, cross over to another building, climb a flight of stairs to the lobby and then take the elevator to the lounge. For us it was not a big deal, but I know this would be an annoyance for some guests.

As I mentioned we did also get to experience two different size rooms - a queen standard room and a king executive room. By standard room was fine, especially when comparing it to other European hotels which tend to be smaller (sometimes much smaller) than US hotel rooms. The room was clean and well appointed with the exception of not having any drawers. You would think in every hotel in the country famous for exporting innovative storage spaces all over the world - IKEA - there would be an abundance of drawers and cubbyholes for unpacking, but there were none. I don't mind that so much as I travel considerably for business and am used to living out of a suitcase, but my wife is a nester and she was not so happy. When we moved to the larger king room however, there were plenty of drawers and she happily moved in and made herself at home. I also liked the Nespresso machine in the king room, and of course the view.

During our stay we enjoyed using the executive lounge and found the snacks very tasty and the staff most pleasant and quite attentive - they did a nice job. The negative in regard to the lounge is that it is simply too small, especially in the evenings. We found it was better to drag our feet a little go a little later in the evening after the crowd had thinned out a little bit.

We ate breakfast in the lower level restaurant every morning which offers a very nice buffet with a wide variety of choices. We also enjoyed the restaurant bar on the main floor a couple of evenings as it features a nice outdoor seating area and even a remote section of elevated seating. It was pleaseant to have a dringk where we could sit and watch people strolling to and from Gamla Stan, the old section of town. The weather was great and the view was beautiful.

Overall however the highlight was the staff. We were there during the absolute peak of the tourist season and in spite of having to deal with some large tour groups moving in and out during our stay, the staff was outstanding and extremely helpful. All of our questions were answered cordially, and explained thoroughly often with handy suggestions and directions to help us enjoy our time in Stockholm. We also found them to be responsive as we had two minor maintenance requests both of which were addressed quickly -the second one literally within 10 minutes.

The only problem that was not taken care of in a timely fashion was the card reader on the elevator which was temperamental for us, and for several other guests as well. We had our keys redone every day, and there were still some glitches.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Troy K.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, I am really grateful for this long review.

I am also really glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you liked the hotel, breakfast, restaurant, bar, service and especially the staff. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay even if you experienced some maintenance issues and had some inconvenience with your reservations.

We are honored to have you as our guest and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to us the next time you are visiting Stockholm.