“Lovely stay”

Elite Hotel Arcadia
Ranked #64 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I stayed at the Arcadia in January and liked it very much - my room was very quiet, my bed was comfortable and the hotel staff were lovely. I had dinner the hotel a few nights, and the service and food were delightful. The hotel features a small bar with a selection of wines and spirits, and the portions are generous. Located in Ostermalm, it is a short walk away from all attractions and shopping. Definitely will recommend.

Room Tip: In the wintertime the rooms on either side of the building are equally quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Elite-Hotel-Arcadia, Hotelldirektör at Elite Hotel Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, happy to read that you had a good visit with us.

I agree, the hotel is very quiet and you don't hear much from the surroundings either so a good night sleep is always possible.
Glad to read that you also had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed the food and service.

Looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to us at Elite Hotel Arcadia.

Kind regards,
Jenny Lindahl, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I spent 2 nights here on a business trip to Stockholm. The hotel is easy to get to as it is near the subway - T-Bana - about a 5 minute walk away. Check-in was quick and friendly.

Rooms are small but not overly so, and I liked the decor and the comfort of the mattress. The bathroom was new-looking with lovely colored tiles, but the water temperature in the shower was warm but not really warm enough for an enjoyable shower. The other downside is that while the rooms have a fridge/minibar, they do not have kettles so making your own tea/coffee is not possible.

The restaurant does dinner and lunch. I had dinner and it was not very impressive in terms of the quality of food - I had a steak, asked for it to be medium, and when it came through some parts were so raw that I could not eat them.

The hotel has a very good sauna, very clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Elite-Hotel-Arcadia, Receptionschef at Elite Hotel Arcadia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Thank you for your review, I am glad to read that you liked our sauna and the service from the front office.

Let me know when you are coming back so we can do a little extra for you.

Best regards,
Cecilia Widros
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This is a renovated student home, and it shows. Small rooms with rather simple interior, old fashioned bathroom, but clean (as you'd expect in Stockholm at at this price). A small bar and some food available, but I would not recommend it. Centrally located, so it's a short walk (approx 20 minutes) to central Stockholm.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear Dag,

I am so sorry to hear that our hotel didnt meet your expectations.

I wish you a wonderful summer, and please let me know if you are coming back to us so we can do a little extra for you.

Best regards,
Cecilia Widros
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Stayed here for three nights while visiting our daughter. I was a little unsure when booking as I thought it maybe a little far out compared to our last visit but I was proved wrong, it did take us about 25 mins to walk into town but with the underground station literally at the bottom of the hill it was in a perfect location and very quiet.
We used the gym which had a couple of treadmills, bike, cross trainer and the usual selection of weights with a lovely seating area with chilled water jugs and fresh fruit, it also had a lovely sauna which we didn't get a chance to use but it was spotless with a shower room and towels etc.
Our room was very spacious and lovely and warm especially for the time of year (Feb). The shower and toilet again were spotless and looked new.
Breakfast was good with a varied selection of cereals, fruit, breads and cooked options, I enjoyed the pancakes with Nutella!
The staff were friendly and helpful and let us have the use of the gym, sauna and shower room as we were not leaving until late afternoon so had to vacate our room earlier in the day.
Hopefully this hotel will be available next time we visit our daughter, it was just right for us.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2017

We had a great stay at Elite Hotel Arcadia in Stockholm for 2 nights. The hotel is located in a quieter residential area, very calm. Staff are friendly, rooms are big enough and clean. Wonderful breakfast with anything and everything you can dream of on offer! Very close to underground and bus stop and half an hour walk to Gamla Stan (old city). Also loved the late checkout option for Sunday (free checkout until 18:00!). Could do with more seating in the breakfast area, but that is the only negative.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple