All reviews narrowest hotel nautical theme poop deck single room rooftop deck gamla stan small hotel old town original hotel maritime history busy tourist street themed hotel sailing ship sitting room room number charming hotel desk and chair
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We arrived late in the evening after a long flight from Phoenix. Exhausted, dazed and a little cranky, but excited to be in Stockholm. We were greeted by the first of many exceptionally cheery and helpful staff members. She got us checked in quickly, explained everything and gave us some pointers.
Our room was on the 4th floor, roomier than I expected and totally fantastic in its charm. The bathroom is tiny...like 3 feet by 6 feet tiny...but it works. Our windows looked at the building next to us, which was about 6 feet way. The metal gutters and roofing, the close proximity to the neighbors, the funky double paned windows, the church bell we heard every evening...it all just lent to the overall charm of this place.
Breakfast was fresh and plenty to eat. Coffee available all day long. And did I mention the staff? Yeah, I did. They were fantastic.
The roof top deck is not to be missed. We had one sunny evening to sit up there. It was a trip back in time. Looking out over the irregular roof tops of Gamla Stan as the sun set over Stockholm has to be experienced.
The hotel sits right on the busiest pedestrian street in Gamla Stan, but at night our room was perfectly quiet. Take a left out of the front door and it's a 3 block walk to the Palace. It's an easy 15 minute walk to the Central Train Station or City Hall where we caught a boat to the summer palace, Drottningholm.
I can't say enough about this place. I honestly loved staying there and hated to leave.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phxguys2001
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Another business trip and Stockholm was full. Was offered a basement room with no window (is it just Stockholm that has 4star hotel rooms without windows??) So I checked for availability at the Collectors Group. Last single "cabin" room found at Lord Nelson. It was much better than expected. The room was quite spacious with very comfortable single bed, desk, rocking chair and well designed showroom. Large window with views over rooftops. Access to Poop Deck roof terrace was a little challenging but ideal spot to take in the evening sun. Breakfast in the small ground floor Bistro was great with choice of organic cereals, meats and cheese. Staff were extremely friendly, always remembering your room number. Location in Gamla Stan fantastic as always. No room service or air con (there was a fan) but still acceptable for a work or holiday visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank SBLavin
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Perfect location! On the Main Street of Gamla Stan (the old town!) everything is SO CLOSE! Just a 15 minute walk from the central station, and close to get to other city areas like Sodermalm as well! It is a very compact hotel but we booked a double room and it was surprisingly spacious - very comfortable bed, lovely windows and a compact little bathroom. All you need and a great price for the location! The staff (especially Renate) were lovely and even though we couldn't check in early, we could have some light breakfast and relax in the sitting room on Level 1. An older property but well maintained and very clean! Great wifi! Would highly recommend :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2017

I stayed one night at this spot in the wonderful Gamla Stan neighborhood. The rooms are tiny but cool. You really feel like you are on a ship! And, there is a really neat roof top deck, called the Poop Deck. Enjoy your morning coffee and enjoy the views.

While I was traveling for pleasure, I talked with a guy from South Africa who stays here while he is traveling for work, too, so consider it on a work visit as well.

The breakfast is delicious, too. The staff is very helpful and welcoming as well.

I departed Stockholm by train and the Lord Nelson was a super easy and quick walk from the hotel. The Gamla Stan metro stop is also close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street side.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank DD-Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2017

In the heart of Gamla Stan, next to the Royal Palace, dozens of restaurants, alleys and streets not to be missed. Busy trade, tourists on all sides. The hotel has small rooms for singles, continental dd with nothing special, but the location and the service of the staff are impeccable. Very well attended to all, especially on arrival after midnight. Excelent reception. The room was exactly what I set out for: just sleep. For the location and service I recommend!

Room Tip: Excellent staff
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Gilmar D
Annika H, Ägare at Lord Nelson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hej Gilmar D

Thank you so much for you positive review.

I am so pleased and glad that your stay with us was to your liking and that you can recommend us to other travellers.

We hope to see soon again.

Welcome back and many regards from a sunny Stockholm.
LORD NELSON HOTEL