“Noisy neighbours from nightclubs!”
Review of Scandic Anglais

Scandic Anglais
Ranked #78 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

First off, we stayed with our toddler. Superb service from staff allround. Cant fault it.

However, the hotel bar and nightclub are very popular and spill out noisily onto the street at 2am thurs, fri, saturdays. If you can sleep thru the noise of club kickouts under your window, no probs.

Otherwise ask for a non-street room.

Service after 8pm is pretty awful for hotel guests as staff are drawn to the bar/club.

Great location!!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank englaender

Reviewed 26 April 2012

i was due to arrive in stockolm at half past midnight. i called the hotel in the morning to keep me the room and to tell them that i was going to be late. i arrived at the hotel at 1.30am and guess what? my room had been given away and there was no room available. i was sent to another scandic hotel and given a tiny and basic room. Not a very good experience and if you happen to do a late check in at the scandic anglais then good luck!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Yes this hotel is in a good location but very noisy , especially on Friday nights . We are a family of 4 and booked a family room . It was SO TINY I couldn't believe!! The sofa bed would definitely not sleep my 2 daughters so ended up sleeping on it with 1 daughter. It was so hard and so uncomfortable , so the next day I asked for a new mattress or some ore quilts we could put on the bed at reception . The lady said she would see what she could do ! Well no surprises that nothing happened and I had another uncomfortable sleep! After living now in Sweden for 6 years now I should be used to NO customer service but I was hoping as this was a hotel. WELL I was RIGHT ! Nothing happened some daughter and I had little sleep. There is also no tea or coffee making facilities in our room either and the bathroom sink took to long to empty. Awful view from the room!! Would not stay here again !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ScaAng, Manager at Scandic Anglais, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Thank you for your review, we are deeply sorry to hear about your stay with us. Please send us an e-mail at anglais@scandichotels.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Scandic Anglais is right in the middle of the trendy area of Stockholm. And this atmosphere grows into the hotel it-self. It has a very nice bar with a live DJ and a lot of cocktails and drinks.

Side-by-side with the bar is the restaurant that also looks and tastes very nice. The food is not amazing but it is quite good for a hotel. It clearly shows that the Nordic food industry is taking a jump forward in quality and attention.

Going into the hotel review it self I have to talk about the rooms. And they are not big. At least the standard room is quite on the small side. From a design point of view is good enough, and age wise it's also nice (not brand new but refurbished not long ago), however both the bathroom and the room are not very big. The TV is on top of the work table and the mini bar was completely empty.

The room looked clean and everything worked well. On this department one negative note for the light switches. There is no master light switch and it's a pain to go to bed to have to stand up gain and go into each individual light to turn it off. You can always take the "card" out, but it's an approach rather strange...

Another negative not results from the fact of the hotel also works as a bar (until 2am). After that the start cleaning up everything and you are invited to leave even if you are a guest of the hotel. The "business area" closes very very early as well so there is no proper area to work after 22pm...

Final negative note goes to the noise in some of the rooms. If you get a room facing the main street where Sturecompagniet (bar/club) then you will ear a lot of noise (cars and people) well through the night. The windows in the room are not new and the sound from all fuzz is well noticeable in the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
ScaAng, Manager at Scandic Anglais, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank´s for your review of your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was coming directly from work, wanting a good night sleep. As I know fridays are packed here I called in advance and asked for a high floor room (booking a superior). The girl answering my call told me that she would definitely put me up for a high floor room..

Still when arriving late night friday, I got a response (from not-so-nice personel in front desk) -no, they are all gone, your room will be on lower level.. No possibility to change, I fell asleep about 05 pm with two gigantic pillows over my ears.. I don't mind a party, but depending on the situation.. I was there to sleep, and this actually was a hotel .. The room (considering the price paid) was not in any way fancy, overlooking the other parts of the hotel. Only good thing I believe was breakfast which was open until 3-4pm next day meaning no stress (probably because that's when people wake up after the hangover there).. Also, of course it is on Stureplan meaning going there for a good party and night on the town I would probably rate this hotel alot higher coming to value.

Asked for a late checkout as I was pretty tired after this night, did not get it.. I didn't get anything out of my stay here..

Recommended for: Party people
Not recommended for: Anyone wanting to sleep

Room Tip: Obviously the high floors (make sure you get it written), if you want a good nights sleep..
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mikeswe
ScaAng, Manager at Scandic Anglais, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

We are sorry to hear about your visit. Please send us an e-mail with your contact details at anglais@scandichotels.com and I will personally make sure that we get back to you as soon as possible.