I was coming directly from work, wanting a good night sleep. As I know fridays are packed here I called in advance and asked for a high floor room (booking a superior). The girl answering my call told me that she would definitely put me up for a high floor room..
Still when arriving late night friday, I got a response (from not-so-nice personel in front desk) -no, they are all gone, your room will be on lower level.. No possibility to change, I fell asleep about 05 pm with two gigantic pillows over my ears.. I don't mind a party, but depending on the situation.. I was there to sleep, and this actually was a hotel .. The room (considering the price paid) was not in any way fancy, overlooking the other parts of the hotel. Only good thing I believe was breakfast which was open until 3-4pm next day meaning no stress (probably because that's when people wake up after the hangover there).. Also, of course it is on Stureplan meaning going there for a good party and night on the town I would probably rate this hotel alot higher coming to value.
Asked for a late checkout as I was pretty tired after this night, did not get it.. I didn't get anything out of my stay here..
Recommended for: Party people
Not recommended for: Anyone wanting to sleep
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at Scandic Anglais, next to the beautiful garden Humlegarden and in the buzzling square Stureplan in central Stockholm, you can enjoy fantastic and simple Italian twisted meals in the restaurant Jamie's Italian and relax in the warm jacuzzi after a hard workout in the well equipped gym. The hotel offers two bars with a wide selection of wine, cocktails and DJ's and during summer time our roof terrace on the 7th floor is open. All rooms at Scandic Anglais features cable TV with plenty of channels, bathroom with shower or bathtub, wooden floors and a refrigerator (exept cabin rooms), which you can make to your own mini bar. Some of the rooms also have balconies. As a hotel guest you have free access to wireless Internet in your room and public areas, and don't forget that the energizing breakfast is always organic and certified by KRAV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Anglais Stockholm
- Scandic Anglais Hotel Stockholm