Location is very central, practically on trendy Stureplan, which is perfect if Stockholm nightlife interests you. Otherwise, make sure to ask for a quiet room, especially on weekends.
The room (standard) was very small, and the queen bed rather narrow for two. OK for spending one night, but not more. Not much place either to put your clothes after unpacking. Again, OK for a very short stay, but not for a longer one. Consider a superior room for longer stays. A feature I really liked was the empty minibar. Instead of filling it with overpriced stuff they leave it empty and let you buy whatever you may want in their reception store. You may of course buy your drinks or snacks in any supermarket and bring them to your room… Quite the opposite of those dreadful “autodebit” minibars that charge you as soon as you remove a water bottle to free some place for the children’s yogurt!
The breakfast was an excellent buffet. I particularly enjoyed the juice presser, allowing the guests to quickly and simply make their own orange juice. You cannot get fresher juice, and it is a very good compromise between offering as much as possible without having to charge for an extra service.
On the whole, this was a very good option for a short stay in central Stockholm, and I would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay at Scandic Anglais, next to the beautiful garden Humlegarden and in the buzzling square Stureplan in central Stockholm, you can enjoy fantastic and simple Italian twisted meals in the restaurant Jamie's Italian and relax in the warm jacuzzi after a hard workout in the well equipped gym. The hotel offers two bars with a wide selection of wine, cocktails and DJ's and during summer time our roof terrace on the 7th floor is open. All rooms at Scandic Anglais features cable TV with plenty of channels, bathroom with shower or bathtub, wooden floors and a refrigerator (exept cabin rooms), which you can make to your own mini bar. Some of the rooms also have balconies. As a hotel guest you have free access to wireless Internet in your room and public areas, and don't forget that the energizing breakfast is always organic and certified by KRAV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Anglais Stockholm
- Scandic Anglais Hotel Stockholm