6 people are viewing this hotel
$360
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$359
Vio.com
$325
Priceline$360
Hotels.com$359
Trip.com$425
3,000 results
All reviews royal palace cadier bar veranda restaurant mathias dahlgren steam room old town elegant hotel star hotel junior suite baltic cruise perfect location breakfast buffet gamla stan spa concierge matbaren smorgasbord
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2022

DON'T STAY THERE! No Email confirmation about ride to hotel from airport after calling hotel multiple times. One tiny elevator that is SLOW. Put in room with tub I couldn't climb in & out of. Had to wait to get another room after spending 8 hrs on the plane. Charged incorrectly for the airport ride. Room service is a disaster. Four scraps of bread in what they call a bread basket for over $20. Four pieces of fruit for what they call a fruit bowl for over $20. Things laying around in the Spa. Got locked in side Business computer room. Informed front desk about it no one cared about putting a sign on the lock. Told room service I didn't need service. Got multiple knocks on my door waking me up for days until the supervisor showed up. Got a double room charge for some fruit I asked for when room service forgot to bring what was requested. Supervisor shows up isn't nice and refused to remove the charge. Not a 5 star hotel! Don't go there! Staff doesn't seem to care. There are better hotels in Stockholm.

Room tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
Date of stay: September 2022
Richard Lindh, Marketing at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2022

Hi,
thank you so much for your review - truly so sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.
Talked with our front desk staff and heard that everything is in order now. Happy to hear that.
But once again - so sorry for your experience. And I truly hope we get the chance to share the true grand experience with you soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2022

The hotel is on the harbor and offers views from the restaurant. My room did not have a view, but I didn't mind. The hotel staff was terrific, both day and evening shifts. There is a nice buffet in the morning, or you can eat in another restaurant if a buffet is not your thing. The room was great, and housekeeping kept it so nice. Each time I came back to the room, it looked like it did when I initially walked in. The location is key to tours, and there is a park with festivals (While I was there, there was a Brazil festival) and a nice outdoor restaurant (went there for lunch--had terrific toasted goat cheese, pine nuts, and honey sandwich). Sunday night, many restaurants are closed, but our concierge provided a terrific option. The Spa offers a very warm pool (more for relaxation than swimming) and a fitness/yoga area. I didn't use many of the SPA services as I didn't have time, but next trip, I will. A few highlights were the boat tour, photograph museum, Vasa Museum, and Nobel prize museum. They are unique to Stockholm. At checkout, it was 3 am for my pick-up, and the night shift was terrific--upbeat and helpful. All around a fabulous experience

Hi,
thank you so much for your review - wonderful to hear that your stay with us was terrific :)
We are so grateful that you took your time to share this with us,

Reviewed 17 September 2022

We recently had the opportunity to stay two nights at the Grand Hotel Stockholm prior to the start of our Baltic Cruise. The location, ambiance, amenities and service were spectacular. We would highly recommend this property not just for its great location but for the views, restaurants and stellar service.

Hi,
thank you so much for your review. So wonderful to hear that your two nights with us was spectacular. Makes us so happy.
Wish you a wonderful day - and welcome back,

Reviewed 6 September 2022

20 years ago I stayed here in the middle of a heat wave and was frying in my room. Now the hotel is air conditioned and it was freezing in our room if we wanted it that way!
This is a grand hotel in many ways, one that is the pride of the country. There are some beautiful public rooms and you should see the ballroom and their hall of mirrors. Arriving from the Arlanda airport Express, just take a taxi for $15 to reach the hotel and don't try the metro because the transfer at the central station is a real hassle and if you come out at the wrong end of this station you will walk 1/3 of a mile to the hotel.
We had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with balcony (river view suite plus deluxe room) that was adorned with flowers, from which we took lots of family photos. They also decorated our living room with lots of flowers. The bathroom was huge and the bathtub easily fit a 5 1/2 foot tall person. There were plenty of closets. The buffet at the hotel is very good, and the kids got an excellent pasta gnocche instead from the a la carte menu. Dinner at the Matbaren bistro in the hotel was also very interesting and rather good. We enjoyed the various fresh juices and berries on the buffets here which were farm fresh. Best showers here are in the spa; it's a very luxurious spa for a city hotel and I enjoyed the heated wading pool which I somehow managed to swim laps in. The well-appointed gym can be crowded at times but generally was OK. There is a yoga room for stretching in case the gym is crowded. Smoothie bar at the gym is good. Book massages one week out to avoid disappointment. I managed to get one on cancellation. Helen does a great relaxation massage; take the 75 minute version. English newspapers are available in the lobby.
Two annoyances: You need to take an elevator to the spa level; I'd rather take the stairs to avoid waiting for the elevator. Also, in our suite in the entry foyer the lights come on via motion sensor and there does not appear to be a switch to turn them off. There should be.
Uber works well in the city and will save you 50% off the price of taxis when you go to points beyond the hotel. But at least taxis are always on line in front of the hotel making them hard to pass up. Concierge staff was friendly and helped quite a bit pre-arrival as well as arranging a last minute city tour with a top guide when our ToursbyLocals guide cancelled on us.
Anyway, I'm sure this is still the top hotel in town. The location is fantastic; it's a 5 minute walk to NK Department store and you are within 10 minutes taxi ride to the central station. The waterfront views are lovely and the hotel feels very grand when you are inside.

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank 649ic
Richard Lindh, Marketing at Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2022

Hi,
thank you so much for your review.
Happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Wish you a wonderful stay,

Reviewed 31 August 2022 via mobile

Hugely disappointing. It’s been a long time since I’ve stayed in a hotel so badly managed.

Problems started even before we arrived. We brought a nanny with us so my wife and I were excited about the chance to have a few nice evenings out. I emailed the concierge desk in advance to ask them to book some restaurants/events during our stay. Normally these are the sort of requests a good concierges relish. My emails were ignored and I eventually had to contact the front desk to get the concierge desk to even reply. In the end, I shouldn’t have bothered. We’d have done a far better job ourselves with less hassle.

We were at the noisy end of the hotel and had 3 nights with no sleep (reading through some of the other reviews indicates we weren’t the only ones who had this issue). It took 3 complaints before we were eventually moved to the quieter end of the hotel. Until we were eventually moved, the staff’s solution … complimentary earplugs! (I’m not kidding).

Restaurants were chronically understaffed. Waiting 20 mins and having to ask 3 times for a coffee every morning at breakfast got tiring very quickly. On our first evening, we had eaten our food and were looking to pay before my wife’s glass of wine had even arrived. The service was so bad we avoided eating lunch and dinner at the hotel where possible.

We stayed at the hotel for two weeks but were never made to feel welcome. We interacted several times every day with the staff at reception but even after two weeks no-one had bothered to even learn our names. Hotel is not child friendly. At best children are tolerated (eg kids aren’t allowed to use the pool).

I could give lots more examples but the final straw that caused me to write this review was a large unauthorised charge on my credit card after I had settled the bill and we had left the hotel. The hotel have admitted the mistake but 3 weeks later I still haven’t been refunded.

Room tip: Not worth the high prices. Avoid if travelling with kids or for stays of more than a few nights.
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank briandW2467VG

Hi Brian,
I am ever so sorry that we faild to give you the experience that we truly strive and stand for.
Happy to hear that everything is in order now regarding your refund though.
Once again, thank you for your patience and I wish you a great day.