2,531 results
All reviews royal palace cadier bar veranda restaurant grand experience mathias dahlgren grand dame steam room old town harbour view elegant hotel star hotel room service overlooking the water deluxe room perfect location breakfast buffet baltic cruise
Reviewed 4 June 2016

We had a two bedroom suite that included a kitchen, a dining room and a beautiful living room! The master bedroom was huge with every amenity you could possibly need. We also had a small balcony. The location was perfect....overlooked the royal palace.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2016

We had a junior suite and it was very spacious with a fabulous marble bathroom. It overlooked the harbor which was fun to watch but it also was slightly noisy as we were there during Eurovision. Bands playing till 4:30 in the morning and then the sun comes up! Some of the musicians were staying at the hotel so that it more fun too.
The concierge is top notch. We had lots of great recommendations from them and directions. The doormen were also great conversationalists too. We were there 3 nights and they greet you like family. The breakfast was top notch. Something for everyone. The bar was a beauty and had fun cocktails. It was great start to our trip!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Outstanding quality in dining, serving, experience, place, quality excellent. And yes then it attracks the female models which are too skinny and picky to really enjoy en best a meal can give. We were puzzled to compare best British and French adresses with this respectful, well founded and helped adress/ Yes: olympus mountain for Swedish food.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

I visited the hotel in May and stayed for two nights and three days. The staff was very professional. The hotel room itself is beautiful. The rooms are older than most five star hotels I have stayed in, but that adds to the charm. The concierge was quite helpful in planning my itinerary. The location is also excellent and the hotel restaurant is great too. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2016

The Grand Hotel is everything that you would expect from a 5-star. The location is excellent, the old town is just a few minutes walk away. Our room was spacious and the staff were helpful and courteous - I especially liked the hotel's own guidebook to Stockholm - a very nice touch. My only criticism would be of the hotel bar - it is obviously a very popular drinking venue with non-hotel residents, so we were turned away one evening, despite being paying guests. I think the bar should prioritise hotel guests over people popping in after work for a beverage but this is a minor point and certainly wouldn't put me off staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple