1,562 results
All reviews bjork restaurant typical courtyard city centre minute walk metro station green line nice hotel walk in shower old town t bana beautiful park breakfast buffet public transportation rooms are large business hotel gamla stan corner room
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Location is not in city center, but a 10 minute walk to the amazing Stockholm subway whisks you there in 3 stops. The hotel staff was great in all regards. The concierge shares a list of the 20 best restaurants walkable from the property. The bar staff is excellent, especially bartender Felix. I asked for a cocktail he hadn't heard of, so I shared the recipe and he worked diligently to prepare it perfectly. His own cocktail creation, the Forest Twilight, is really delicious. Breakfast was very good, but I would have liked more variety since it was the same for the week we were there.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Carolyn O, Rooms Division Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm.

We appreciate your very kind words regarding our staff and we are all delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do try hard to make our guests feel at home, and well taken care of, so it is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed
your stay.

I am happy to hear that our bartender Felix provided you with excellent service, I bet he was thrilled to show his expertise, I will be sure to share your feedback with him and the entire team. They love knowing that guests appreciate their service!
Thank you for the kind words regarding the breakfast. We are continually trying to improve the variety and quality of food items that we offer.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel brings you back to Stockholm.

Kind regards,
Carolyn Ochieng
Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

You get your Marriott points or can stay here with points. Otherwise, I probably would not stay here as a foreign tourist. Nothing wrong with the hotel, but a full service property with concierge is preferable for stays > 1 night. We stayed here using points for 1 night before AM flight home. It was a little far from Old Town but about a 10 minute walk to other restaurants and even a McDonald's. It's situated near a park which is a nice way to relax and be away from the usual tourist crowds.

The lobby was a little small, as many guests arrived well before noon and rooms are not ready until at least 1PM. We encountered some very rude folks who were attending the World Peace Conference!! The monks were aggressively moving our bags so they could sit even though some in our party had only temporarily left. Some Thai women decided to talk smack with my wife who put them in their place. Lesson here is know the lobby is small and find other places to wait, such as the 2nd floor.

Wife liked the mirrors in the bathroom that automagically were unfogged after a shower. This property would only sell 110v converter while the Sheraton we stayed at before our cruise loaned them to you. Courtyard said guests were not returning them. Then why not place a deposit? If the guest decides to keep them, charge the room just like other hotels do for drinks and food items in the mini fridge.

The hotel suggested using the USB port on the TV to charge phones, but that format was insanely slow. I noticed on the hairdryer there was a std plug where there was room for a small AC phone charger. That worked great and charged phones quickly, although 1 at a time unless you have a multi-port USB charger which we had. So we charged 4 devices off the hairdryer!

The service was friendly and helpful, so no issues there. For our purposes, a 1 night stay, the hotel was good enough. There were taxis lined up outside, so we were able to quickly catch a cab to Arlanda.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Åsa M, Receptionschef at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear roadman2011,

We highly appreciate that you took time to evaluate your last stay with us and I would like to thank you for this informative and well written feedback as well as good information for us. I can assure you that I will take your thoughts into concideration and share with my colleagues in the management team.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the other guests who where here at the same time as you and your wife, this is of course not what we wish to happend and for this we appologize. I truly hope that you managed to enjoy at least some nice quality time together.

I wish you a lovely summer and hope to see you back as our guest soon.

Åsa Magnusson, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Very poor service
Very bad welcoming (we are Elite members)
No upgrade for Elite members, no breakfast included
Very average room
Restaurant is very expensive for a correct food
Location far from city center

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Carolyn O, Rooms Division Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. However i am saddened to hear about your comments
on our hospitality and service.

We normally thrive to make every guest feel at home and well taken care of, obviously we failed this time round and therefore i sincerely apologize.

We do upgrade Elite members but due to the high occupancy on this day there were no rooms available for upgrades.

We hope you will be giving us another chance and returning to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards,
Carolyn O/Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2018

I stayed at this property, when I was in the city for the Stockholm marathon. The start of the race is easily reachable by public transport. The metro and busses are not far from the hotel. In front of the hotel there is a nice park and it is not far to the sea.
The hotel itself is very modern. The breakfast buffet offers a wide choice and the food is tasty. I especially appreciated the local food choice that was offered.
A good point as well was the note provided by the hotel that during the weekend the property is full and that the breakfast area might be crowded a bit during certain times. This way you could plan your breakfast. Even if I went during the most prominent time, I didn't have the feeling that it was crowded.

Room Tip: From the top floors you have a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Carolyn O, Rooms Division Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review and for choosing Courtyard by Marriott as your prefered hotel during your visit to Stockholm for the Stockholm Marathon.

We appreciate the kind words regarding the breakfast. We are continually trying to improve the variety and quality of food items that we offer on our breakfast buffet and i am glad you enjoyed it.

We are looking forward to having you again as guest in our Hotel.

Best regards,
Carolyn O

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

A modern, friendly hotel in a suburb close to the centre. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. AC works. The gym is good but no pool or sauna. The breakfast is good as well as the food in general. Popular place for locals to meet. You can walk to the centre on a nice day, but taxis are always available. Allow 30 mins to get to Arlanda, about 50sek.
Park opposite for running or walking.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Carolyn O, Rooms Division Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm Kungsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear TeamPitts,

We thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm.
We are delighted that your overall experience was positive despite the lack of Pool or Sauna, but glad
you enjoyed the walk to the city center which is not a long distance with the nice view and greenery.

We hope to host you again at Courtyard by Marriott Stockholm whenever
your travels bring you back to Stockholm.

Best regards