“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Hotel Skeppsholmen

Hotel Skeppsholmen
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed in this hotel for five nights and we couldn't have had a better experience. The hotel staff went out of their way for our comfort-asking the kitchen staff for restaurant recommendations, changing our room for one with a bath (and moving our luggage as we were out during the day). Everyone was professional with a genuine smile.
Rooms were immaculate with wonderful, wooden Scandinavian floors and design bathrooms. I had to keep trying out the sink just to get a feel for the stone in the center. Beds were everything you would want in a bed-even a view of the sea if you choose a seaside room. We could have stayed in the rooms for our entire holiday if Stockholm hadn't been such a fabulous city.
Am already missing the buffet breakfast that kept us full until dinner. Big coffee cups, all kinds of organic tea, homemade bread, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, granola, Swedish toast with extra cinnamon...
We would definitely go back-just to stay at the hotel!

Room Tip: Views facing the sea give you a view of part of Stockholm but the garden view is also beautiful.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jenninnice
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review!
We are very proud over our Scandinavian interior so I am glad you enjoyed our rooms.
Extra happy to read your kind words about my team and I am glad they made your stay pleasant.
Today the sun is shining over Stockholm so we are looking forward to welcome you back soon again.
Best,
Joachim Olausson

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Skeppsholmen

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a city break with Mrs S. Great place. An old exterior (ex-barracks I think from 19th century) thoughtfully converted to a great hotel. Rooms are very modern and great spec. Not the biggest room I've stayed in but I don't go away to sit in an hotel room!

Location is fab - on a secluded quiet island just a 10-15min walk to the nearest T station (metro) or Gamla Stan. Water views, trees and grassy banks, locals jogging or walking, ducks and swans roaming, boats bobbing...doesn't feel like a city centre at all.

Buffet breakfast was exceptional. Everything you'd expect and want from a northern European breakfast - great breads (I like baking and I was in awe of their sourdough) and pastries, fruit, yoghurt, gravalax, ham, cheese, bacon, eggs: 4min boiled or 8min boiled or scrambled; good coffee and huge selection of teas...heck, it was just great and stylishly presented.

Staff were impeccable - polite, friendly and attentive. After night1, we asked for a bigger duvet (it was on the small side...could have been an error rather than the norm) and a couple more pillows and this was sorted out immediately and without fuss as you'd expect.

All round this was a fab hotel that I would highly recommend. Considering Stockholm/Sweden isn't exactly a cheap destination, it also was incredible value for money too. I've paid more for a lot less elsewhere in Europe!

Room Tip: Get one with a view over the water - south facing so gets the sun too
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Spratticus
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and what a great one to receive!
Glad to hear you enjoyed our stunning location, our amazing historical buildings and our modern interior.
We are very proud over our breakfast and I agree, the sourdough bread is amazing.
Extra glad to hear your kind words about my team! Be assure I will inform them!

Best and I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was in moderrn museet and have two night stay at skeppholms hotel.First evening great dinner hotel restaurant with my friends.exelent food and so natural service.Room was small but really handy and functioning. I warmly recommed this hotel.rexax atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jormaa

Dear Guest,
Thank you for this lovely review!
Glad to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and extra glad to hear your kind words about the natural and relaxed service!
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again!

Best,

Reviewed 20 February 2012

A modern Swedish stylish place refurnished from a 17th century building: a successful recipe.
Located on a lovely very quiet island (with a bridge) yet in the heart of Stockholm and within walking distance (10min) from the key places (with a bus stop just at the next corner), this is definitely the place to be. The breakfast (included in the price) is one of the best I've experienced so far with a great variety of local breads and specialties all this in a cosy relaxing room.
Do not miss the Brunch on Sunday from 12h30!
Rooms are huge and make you feel just like at home with a very stylish bathroom...
And the staff is full of attention for their hosts...
This is definitely a place we will stop by again...

Room Tip: Get a room with the sea view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PO D

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!
So glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
Great to hear you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and I agree, our brunch is a must and very popular with a nice mix of hotel guests and locals.

Best and I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Stockholm soon again.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed at Hotel Skeppsholmen in October for 5 nights and both thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We liked smaller, boutique, design styled hotels and this was one reason why we chose this hotel.

The hotel is relatively new and is very well presented. Modern, clean and beautiful rooms within a gorgeous 17th century building. We were upgraded to a larger room as we had booked for 5 nights and the additional space was appreciated.

The bed was very comfy and neither of us had any issues sleep. The shower was good and I am advised, by my better half, that the bathroom amenities were very impressive! There was also free wifi throughout the hotel - something I believe all hotels should offer.

Breakfast was included within the price and was an impressive selection of cereals, breads, fruit together with hot food. During the week the breakfast area was relatively quiet and peaceful but it did get busier at weekends. Given the hotels location there is not a nearby option for something alternative which made the breakfast even that much more appreciated.

We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening and were impressed with the selection on offer. It was also well priced in comparison to city centre restaurants.

For getting about Stockholm we used both the bus that stopped outside the hotel and the bus-boat service that took us to Slussen. The only pity is that the bus service stops early in the evening.

There is plenty to do on the island itself and we also enjoyed the walk to the mainland which doesn't take long. It was nice to return to the hotel after a days sightseeing, a lovely dinner somewhere to a quiet drink on the hotels terrace.

The hotel is not particularly cheap but we both felt it was worth the price and if we were ever to return to Sweden would most definitely return to the hotel.

Room Tip: We didn't have a sea-view room and I don't think we would pay the extra for one. It may be w...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Euan R
Joachim08, General Manager at Hotel Skeppsholmen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this long and wonderful review!
So glad to read you enjoyed everything from our location, restaurant to our sleek Scandinavian design in these historical buildings from 1699.
You have to come back in summer and then you will have breakfast in our garden, you can play tennis on our outdoor tennis court and you can rent city bikes and see our amazing capital on a bike.
Best and I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you back in person next time you will visit Stockholm.