Helens Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Stockholm
See available hotels
Brunnby Hotel(Stockholm)
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
Scandic Talk(Alvsjo)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bmetro stationpublic transportperfect locationbnbkitchenettecity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Helen's B and B was lovely. I'm a gardener and hers was very nice and pleasant to sit in and read. Having a small kitchen was very nice and we used it! Everything was adequate, although the breakfast part of "B and B" was disappointing. The location was great - in a quiet residential area with families around, yet a quick trip via train to downtown. Helen is very nice!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Merle H
Helensbandb, Owner at Helens Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Merle, thank you!
Nice meeting you very shortly, it was nice to see you walking hand in hand!
I am sorry that you were not happy with the breakfast...it is self contained so everybody can make the breakfast when ever they want, not depending of others.
All the best/Helen

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed at Helen Bed and Breakfast twice, I have enjoyed a lot to stay there, she is welcoming and so is her house. I loved the cosy atmosphere of the house, specially in winter. I really recommend this place to anyone who want to enjoy a cosy bed and breakfast facility.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I am amazed, really, of all these positive feedbacks for this establishment; the reason why, perhaps, is that they come from authors who have given a single or very short number of advice.
It's a B&B without breakfast and if you need it you have to pay more, and despite it was reserved, self catering was with lacks and food very poor. Besides the poor hygiene, deadline for the bread had expired ... for 5 months!
Yes i have also the picture for that.
The room, very small, with only one bed in a corner was dirty and was not suitable for two people (and another bigger room remained empty during our stay...).Also this room was very dangerous, with injuries after the fall of an ancient and big shutter with defective hanging over the window.The bathroom location is under the stairs (get ready to hit yourself on it and against the walls), in the restroom! I should say on the toilet. Even if you are contortionist you will not escape the humidity, especially because the owner requires you to be ... with your socks on the ground. Last, wifi is not included and is at big extra charge. Honestly does not deserve a two star on Tripadvisor. Worldwide.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Guitalaria
Helensbandb, Owner at Helens Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Terrible...!
I am really sorry that you found my B&B Terrible!
You have been making two really bad comments here on Tripadvisor, of your two nights here.
I am really sorry that you have these memories from my house

BUT, it is good because you help me to be more clear with what I offer

1)Thank you for telling that the Double room is for people who travelling light, like most of the people do these days.You booked the smallest room. It is not space for all your suitcases, I really agree with you.

2)The Double beds in our house are queen size beds. If you prefer bigger than 140cm, then I am sorry we can't help you!

3) About the dove there are extra in the wardrobe ...sorry that you didn't look or asked me.

4) Breakfast ...sometimes I offer without breakfast!
The bread is half made bread, witch means that you bake it by your self, so it is fresh.
I don't understand where you found that bread with that old date!
Why should I offer old bread, and make my guests angry!!!!????

5)The famous Stockholm shower / Navy shower...compact living shower...IKEA design!!
It is a very small shower I really agree, but it is for a short shower. Not using a lot of water...!!!! Environment thinking ...if you are positive...then it is really smart!

It is very sad that your time here was so bad, you didn't say anything when you were here.
I didn't know how you felt and could not work things out in a better way!!

Maybe you could have rented the other room, because it was rented from a guest who decided to stay in the Studio together with her friend.
She rated, on Tripadvisor, her stay excellent..!

It is very difficult to satisfy everybody!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We are extremely happy with our stay at Helens B&B. Staying in the studio we were completely independent, with seperate entrance, bathroom and kitchen at our disposal. Within 10 minute walk there is t-bana station with supermarket next to it and it takes 10 minute on the train to reach the city centre. Very good value/money, especially comparing to stockholm's hotels.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marta A
Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you want an insight into Swedish living then this is the place to stay. This is not a bland soulless hotel but a homely B&B situated in a quiet and beautiful part of suburban Stockholm. It is run by Helen, a very hospitable and friendly hostess who couldn't have been more helpful.

We stayed in the studio, a self-contained unit with it's own entrance, for four nights and used it as our base to go to a concert at the nearby Ericsson Globe (within easy walking distance) and during our city break to Stockholm. The local metro station is a 10 minute walk away, then it's 10 mins to T-Centralen or Gamla Stan. The trains are frequent and also about every 10 minutes, so although it's not in the middle of the city it's actually very handy.

A supermarket and pizzeria is near the local station, so if you'e wanting to buy food or sometimes eat locally, then that's also very easy to do.

We enjoyed our walk to and from the station each day, and arriving back at our B&B was just like coming home and made for a relaxing place to stay. Helen was always very helpful and so friendly.

Highly recommended and we'd definitely stay again as we plan to return to Stockholm for a summer visit sometime.

Room Tip: Great for a couple who are happy to do there own thing and have their own homely space.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple