“Well situated, quiet and relaxed, very good value”

Helens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 34 Stockholm B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bucks,
“Well situated, quiet and relaxed, very good value”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you want an insight into Swedish living then this is the place to stay. This is not a bland soulless hotel but a homely B&B situated in a quiet and beautiful part of suburban Stockholm. It is run by Helen, a very hospitable and friendly hostess who couldn't have been more helpful.

We stayed in the studio, a self-contained unit with it's own entrance, for four nights and used it as our base to go to a concert at the nearby Ericsson Globe (within easy walking distance) and during our city break to Stockholm. The local metro station is a 10 minute walk away, then it's 10 mins to T-Centralen or Gamla Stan. The trains are frequent and also about every 10 minutes, so although it's not in the middle of the city it's actually very handy.

A supermarket and pizzeria is near the local station, so if you'e wanting to buy food or sometimes eat locally, then that's also very easy to do.

We enjoyed our walk to and from the station each day, and arriving back at our B&B was just like coming home and made for a relaxing place to stay. Helen was always very helpful and so friendly.

Highly recommended and we'd definitely stay again as we plan to return to Stockholm for a summer visit sometime.

Room Tip: Great for a couple who are happy to do there own thing and have their own homely space.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KiwiFruit_Bucks
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
USA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had been in communication with Helen regarding a reservation, I've made numerous B&B reservations in my lifetime, but I found this one to be particularly difficult. Through emails, I thought that our reservation was set and we were ready to go. In her email, she stipulates that you must pay in cash at the time of arrival, so that is what we were planning on doing. However, this weekend I received an nastygram from Helen letting me know that she needed confirmation on my reservation, I told her that there may have been a misunderstanding since I thought that the reservation was already worked out since early April. Her reply back was rather ill-mannered and she demanded a payment through a wire transfer within 24hrs. I explained to her that a wire transfer wasn't possible given that it was a Sunday and that I would need to wait until Monday after work to investigate the wire transfer. Because I couldn't send her the money right away, she decided to cancel my reservation and she was unwilling to sort things out.

Maybe Helen was having a bad weekend. But I would expect a B&B hostess to offer better customer service and willingness to work with interested customers. I wouldn't recommend dealing with Helen.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank HolidayTraveller86
Helensbandb, Owner at Helens Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
What to say!
I have been thinking a lot about these bad comments from a person who never stayed here...

I would like to see it in a positive way ... these complaining words!
This can be a help for costumers who are thinking about staying here in my B&B!

To clarify:
1)I don't accept a booking without Passport or ID number...
We as hostesses need some security when we open our homes for strangers! I know that most people understand this circumstance.

2)Also if we make an personal agreement between hostess and guests, is it important that it is confirmed from the guest!
It is always very sad when a connection between people end up in this this sort of struggling!!

The comments:
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 3 April 2012

i was very glad I found Helens Bed and Breakfast to stay there for my short visit in Stockholm. There was everything one needs for sleeping there for some days. Helen is a very nice person. It was the first time for me to stay in a private house and I did enjoy it very much.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The highlight was the treatment received by Helen. She was lovely with us and helped us in all our doubts. We'll go back again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Götene
Reviewed 20 February 2012

it would be difiicult to find a friendlier, more welcoming place to stay if you want to get away from the sameness of the hotelchains,
Situated in a quiet and beautiful part of Stockholm, it is still very easy to get inte town by metro. You can be sure of a very warm reception, as I know from having stayed there several times.
Suzanne

Room Tip: the self-contained studio flat is very cosy and quiet
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo