“Messy”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Djurgården & Djurgårdsbrunn
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

We choosed to stay at this hotel because it was near the mama Mia party we went to in the evening.
It has a good reputation and it's an old hotel in the area but yeah well.
It was well I don't know cold?!? It felt that way.
The room was not what I expected and I think all the rooms need an update.
The floor was knirking while walking on it and what in the earth aren't you supposed to lock the door while in the bathroom? Haha that was a little odd even for me.
The beds was super comfy and the pillows as well so no complaining about that.
Breakfast that are included was I don't know it was so crowded in the breakfast room so I got stressed out I could not find coffe and not the cups.. And when I finally found the cups the coffe was a BIG NO, Swedish coffe supposed to be good in the morning but I just felt no no.. Just wanted to go home and drink proper coffe . So no breakfast for me at all.
But overall it is a relatively good hotel I suppose and maybe this just was bad luck.
It's near everything in Djurgarden so are you going out to Skansen or grona Lund this is the place I think but don't have the highest expectations as I did.
But I'm an old swede from Stockholm maybe we get more fuzzy, I really don't know.
But don't be afraid to book the hotel because it is one of the better ones.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The atmosphere is that of a mediocre hotel buffet. They didn't even serve their famous potatoes!! The vegetarian dish was terrible, no sense of vegetarian cuisine or protein needs. The staff were not very attentive, and it was over all very disappointing.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Fantastic building with great garden but unfortunately over priced and poor service. The food is nothing special, the bread was served cold, there was a piece of hair on the wine glass served and they didn't meet us to seat us for something that felt like an eternety.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 16 June 2017

So sad to be writing this review. I went here with a large group of colleagues, pre booked for the beef, veg and of course the famous hasselback potatoes.

I had read the reviews and approached with some trepidation, but it was poor. The meat was ok, the veg, insufficient and over cooked. But the potatoes were the real let down. Firstly they were small, like new potatoes and I am pretty sure they were deep fried as they were so hard, to the point that I left a number of them.

My colleagues had a cake dessert and most of them left it as it was so dense. I had a melon sorbet which was not too bad, but nothing special.

Best summerised as that I'm glad I didn't pay for it, and I will put a stop on going back if it is ever suggested again. There are so many good places to eat in stockholm, this is not one of them, so choose another.

The setting is pretty from the front but at the back it's a 90's hotel.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Many have written about the poor service in which Sweden excels in and this place bears the flag for, the unfriendly, stroppy and lazy staff who think they are some sort of larger than life divas, inherently better than the mortals they have to serve and the tired and worn out decor and the general stuffiness of this place. And it is all true. But my biggest complaint is with the kitchen service - it is pathetic. P A T H E T I C.
Guys, your predecessors may have invented a way to cut potatoes, possibly by accident or as a gimmick. Wow! Is it such a major culinary breakthrough that you think it is enough to ride on its name and hide the mediocrity of your service? You really need to get your heads out or your backsides. Drop the bull stuff and get real.
The day we turned up, after doing your best to ignore us in your typical stoic nonsensical sense of welcome, you finally took our order. 40 minutes later (not a misprint) you got us the starters and 1 hr and 45 minutes after, the main course. We were only a table of 5 and only 5 tables were filled that afternoon. Do you call that a culinary breakthrough too? You simply don't care, do you? The excuse you gave us was the trainee chefs in the kitchen. And you "generously" offered the coffees on the house. I mean, seriously? Are you people for real?

You are a bunch of deluded, rude and PATHETIC potato-eating clowns. The sooner you get out of business, the better for everyone.

Date of visit: May 2017