“Great location, fine hotel”

Clarion Collection Hotel Temperance
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Malmo
Reviewed 9 July 2011

It's not a luxurious accomodation by any means but it's comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful and kind. The morning breakfast was adequate and tasty.

The hotel is in a perfect location just a 5-7 minute walk from the Malmo Central train station (though cobblestone streets makes tugging luggage a bit of a challenge) and just steps away from plenty of shopping and restaurants.

I'm not sure if this is the case for all rooms but our room didn't have any AC. This was okay at night but during the day it was necessary to open a window because it got to be quite stuffy and warm. Rooms are small with no place to really unpack but there's a desk, comfy bed and wifi is included.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Actually this is a very nice hotel, well-located right next to Lilla Torg for the bars etc but itself in a quiet street. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The free wifi worked perfectly.

One nice touch is the included evening buffet, something I've not found in most places.
Infact they seem to be quite good on the food side of things with breakfast being served on the weekends even up to 11am.

The Rooms are clean and nicely fitted out.

Only downside for me was that I'd taken one of the last single rooms. It had no windows and only artificial light! This was a disappointment. Not sure how many of these rooms they have...mine was 105!
Coffee making stuff plus and iron etc were not in that room....they are useful!

I would definately stay there again, but I'd make sure I got a room with a window, even if its a bit more pricey!

Room Tip: Nice Hotel....just avoid room 105!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Simple basic, clean hotel. Rooms were small and I have trouble with hotels that provide business users with rooms that are not big enough to have a wardrobe in them. A wall frame with four hangers really isn't good enough for a weeks business stay where you need to hang suits and shirts. Good wifi internet connection. Not bad but I preferred the Best Western for room size and proper wardrobe.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2010

As always in Clarion hotels the service was impeccable. Very friendly and helpful staff. My single room felt a bit too small at the price I paid but was nice with a very comfy bed. Breakfast was very good. Location in the city was very good with plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I have stayed at Choice hotels before in Sandefjord (top class) and Copenhagen (ok) but this was a top class experience. My son and I were in Malmo to experience Swedish football (it was a brilliant occasion). We turned up at 11am to be told it was a 3pm check in. But the kindly receptionist managed to find us a room that was ready, if we didn't mind a view into the lobby and a window that wouldn't open. Brilliant job. Room spotless, small shower /toilet area but so what. It was ideal for us as we were only going to be laying our head down.
The hotel was pristine and there were free cakes and tea and coffee plus fruit if you wanted them. Sweden is expensive so it was brilliant that there was also a free buffet at night, serving fish, stroganoff and some kind of pie. There were salads, pasta and other things too. We gave it a miss and went to a pizza place to enjoy the local atmosphere at Lilla Torg square. The hotel was quiet, we slept well. Next morning there was a huge spread of foods for breakfast, a comprehensive a buffet, and no shortage of it. Our stay was short but the hotel was exceptional value and we felt the staff couldn't do enough for us. The location in a quiet street is superb, and about 200 yards from the quaint Lilla Torg Square, a few minutes from other key squares and shopping and about seven minutes to Malmo Central station.
Where ever I go I will always seek out a Choice hotel first. If anyone wants info on how to see Malmo play in the Swedish league etc, email me for some tips.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family