See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night while travelling on the Inlandsbanan train. Arrived quite late and had to leave quite early the next morning so expected to miss breakfast, but it actually started early enough, even on a Sunday, and was very good. Room decor was a bit too black for my liking, room quite small and sound proofing not very good.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Not that expensive. We have booked a dubble bed room. Clean, neat room with modern furniture and tv. We enjoyed our breakfast with fresh food. They have an awesome room were you can have the breakfast woth a view to Storagatan

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

The hotel is placed a few hundred meters south of the city centre. Nothing special about Älgen, but nothing wrong, either. A no nonsense quiet stay I hardly remembered afterwards. The hotel has a small parking lot that can be filled up quickly, however there are parking lots/houses available in the vicinity.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2015

First of all, this is what we call "Pensionat" in scandinavian countries. That is equivalent to a Bed-and-breakfast place or a small family driven hotel.
Its good for a night or two, or maybe lenger if your are a backpacker or on a budget. I spend two nights here alone, but would't consider bringing my family here for holiday. But that's my personal opinion. No fans in the room, no refrigerator/minibar and such things makes it unconvenient for that matter. Also the walls are thin! You can hear everything in the rooms next door, and everybody walking outside the coridor. Even a room with window facing the backyard does not really help, because a lot of cars park there, and people come and go early in the morning and late in the evening. Just a few inches are seperating you from them. So, the sleep quality was really poor for me.

Positive things: Comfortable bed, clean room with nice decor and good size. The staff was really nice and polite. Free wifi that worked good. Safe place and area.

The bathroom was clean but a bit outdated with shower curtain.
I know what they will do some renovation here, so maybe some things will change in the future.

Breakfast was average. Liked the cheese, ham, turkey, bacon. Disliked the bread, scrambled eggs (powder mix and water?) and the orange juice (not real juice).

I value a good nights sleep, so I will only reccomend this place for heavy sleepers. I got just a few hours both nights and got really deprevated.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the backyard are cooler for summer moths, but probably even more noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is very close to the railway station so is great for travellers on the Inlandsbanan. We had notified them that we would be arriving after 2200 as we were coming by train from Stockholm. We were very disappointed to find that no one was around when we got there about 2215 but just a note on the door with a telephone number. We did not have a working mobile and were just lucky that a passerby could, and would ring for us to get the access door code. I think the management should not assume every one will have a mobile and should have sent the door code to me in reply to my email if they were not going to stay to let us in. Having said that we were very pleased that the following morning the young woman opened the breakfast buffet 10 minutes before 0630 so that we could eat before catching our train at 0705.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo