“Nice South Indian food”

The South Indian Vesterbro
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
The South Indian Vesterbro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #314 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 41
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This place was just in front of our hotel. We visited it and loved the food.
I love garlic and they had a very interesting garlic curry, reminded of taste in india.
We also tried usual South Indian stuff, diss, idli, mendu wada and loved all.

Only thing we noticed was it seemed like one server was working really hard while others were trying to do very lighten minimum work, receive the call and wait near computer until the request for billing comes.

Infrastructure and ambiance is very basic however food is good.

Ohh and another funny thing, we got the cobra beer with kingfisher glass couldn't help clicking the picture.

Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I've been craving dosa for some time now and well, The South Indian hit the spot! I was't expecting to enjoy the dosas as much as I did. I travel to India often and usually just eat as much as I can in India because dosas just don't taste the same outside of India. I can vouch for these dosas thought, they were good. I eat vegan and had plenty of options. If you like something different try the podi dosa, its so flavorful and slightly more spicy than the rest. Everything we got was delicious though: paper dosa, podi dosa & masala dosa. If you're a newcomer to dosas maybe get the unlimited dosas and try a few different ones. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I recently moved to CPH and came across this place near my house. I have lived in Scandinavia for about 3 years now but haven't seen a single south indian cuisine anywhere though there are lot of north indian and nepalese in every corner. I went to this place for lunch one day and the board welcomed me in my mother tongue :)

The menu is totally authentic 'tamil' cuisine. For those of you who have eaten only Naan and Curry in the name of Indian cuisine must visit this place to know there is so much more to Indian cuisine than that.

Must try: Dosa, Sukku coffee, South Indian coffee.
And oh, watch out for the hot and spicy food though. You might wanna ask them to tone it down a bit.

Must visit place.

1  Thank Gayathri S
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Coming from London I had not intended to go out for an Indian in CPH but was tempted by the reviews. I eat Indian a lot in UK but I was super impressed by quality and authenticity of the food. Never seen "Garlic Currry" before and it was awesome !!!!! Do yourself a favour and make a booking

Reviewed 3 February 2017

There are many Indian restaurants in Copenhagen, but this one has - in my opinion - got the most authentic good, especially when considering the South Indian variation of the cuisine. Excellent dosa, flavoursome (but not synthetic) lassi and great samosas. The curries were excellent and breads fresh. Definitely will go back.