“wonderful cakes, great coffee and tasty sandwiches”

Taste Bistro & Patisserie
Ranked #24 of 61 Dessert in Copenhagen
Price range: US$ 9 - US$ 31
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: French Bistro with delicate Glutenfree pastries, great homemade sandwiches, soup and salads. We also make our own hot chocolate and we have a lots of tea to choose too.
Reviewed 28 March 2018

My wife and i hade the best cakes, and sandwiches to our lunch break in Copenhagen yesterday.
the coffee shop was small and very cozy with great french music in the background.
the owner was very charming and help us with different destinations to visit in the city.
we will come back on our next visit to Danmark

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The owner was verbally aggressive, that I at one point was afraid that he would be psychical. I ask for a simple question, such as do you have a menu (written) of the cakes you have and the specific prices. I have never experiensed anything like that. It was really unpleasant, as a customer I would never spend my money there or recommend it to anyone. I guess the person was the owner of the place :(

2  Thank Mark88cph
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Dropped in for a coffee and a cake as the cakes in the window looked delicious and the pecan pie was great, but they initially gave the impression of not understanding what I was asking for when I asked for a peppermint tea for my girlfriend, then admonished me that they had understood, but didn't have peppermint tea and were then irritable about the fact that she didn't want any of the teas they did have. Refused to give us a glass of water, insisting that we brought a bottle, which I guess is their perogative, but then when I checked the bill once we got back to the hotel found they'd charged me for two coffees, not just the one I had. From our overall treatment was hard to tell if this was incompetence or they just saw me coming. Our one duff experience in a cafe or restaurant in Copenhagen.

Bernard B, Ejer at Taste Bistro & Patisserie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Mr. Adams,
thank you for the feedback that you give here in social media.
i remember you, sitting behind the wall on table 8.
first i would like to apologize for the tea, and yes we have surely misanderstand one and other.
we did not have peppermint tea left and the why that we could not offer you that one.
for the water, we did not serve you that one because we hade just change the old piping in the house and did not feel safe to give you that unless it was cooked.
For the bill i´am very sorry if i hade make a mistake about the coffee that you hade if i remember wright it was a expressso?
and if i hade presse two times on the screen by mistake i sincerely apologize for it.
i would like to invite you to a all lunch or what els you would like to in my behave.
Mr Adams, it have never been my intensions, wishes or other to upset you, fulling or other in any way possible.
I have Taste for the 15 years and have never steal anyone and will never do that other.
It is not my way to do business.
Ones again i apologize for the experience that you made hade with us and obviously not to your standard.
I can send you if you wish the money for the entirety of your bill as a apologize to my mistanke to you.
best regard,
Bernard Berthier the owner.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Booked before we arrived and glad we did. Eight of us booked and we were seated efficiently and in a nice area - very casual and relaxed with a good atmosphere. Food was fabulous - a little expensive but more or less what could be expected from Copenhagen. Drinks in the region of £35 for a bottle of wine and £10 for a pint of lager! I'd definitely recommend this place - and can definitely recommend the pork - it was amazing. Great young staff - pleasant, efficient and welcoming.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Really high level french patisserie. The lunch menu is kinda brunchy, easy and tasty. The prices are aligned to the others, in this expensive city, but a bottle of beer for 10 euro, was a little too much, in my opinion. Nice location. Nice waitress.