“a very clean, good deal”

ProfilHotels Richmond Hotel
Ranked #101 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed in Copenhagen before our Baltic cruise, and I booked the Richmond through hotelsdenmark.com. It was much more reasonable than others in the centre of the city, and turned out to be very pleasant and comfortable. The room was a junior suite, for the price of a standard room, with dazzling white duvets and a large terrace. It was very quiet, on a courtyard.

Too bad that the weather was cold and windy, but we walked all over the historic city centre (one block to the City Hall, 2 to Tivoli, about 10 to the Royal Palace..).
The breakfast was vast and wonderful, and included in the price. We were annoyed at another hotel, on the return, where a more ordinary breakfast cost $25.00 each.
We will go back to the Richmond.

Room Tip: Ask for the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank maureenconn
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Don't go to this place. An example. If you call front desk to get fresh towels because housekeeping forgot to supply them, they ask you to come down in the reception yourself! They "do not have staff for any service unfortunately". I would not be surprised if the one day ask you to clean your room yourself too.

So stay away!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mouritsenbrunnen
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Great location, a few minutes walk fron the train station and Tivoli and a short walk to the pubs and resurants in the city !
Staff were friendy and spoke exellent English.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable, the free wireless internet worked fine, no fridge in the room but drinks are available in the reception area. The only negative points were that bathroom floor stayed soaking wet for ages after taking a shower and we could never quite figure the light switches out !
Breakfast was very good and kept me going for most of the day !
I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in a central location for a decent price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Timmot
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I think this hotel is actually very good - great location (walking distance from City Square, Tivoli, and Main Station), great price (relatively), excellent staff (the people at reception were very well spoken and courteous), good breakfast room (spacious, nice choice in breakfast, etc.), clean rooms, comfortable bed, fast internet access.

I would give it a better rating overall, but I had a bad room. Here's what happened:
As I was getting ready in the morning for a meeting, I turned on the water to shave, brush my teeth, etc. After I was finished doing all this, I noticed that the shower area was full of water - dirty water. What had happened was that the water that was going out in the wash basin had come back up the shower drain to flood the shower area.

I had to start my day without a shower. This was room 623. If you are visiting this hotel, make sure that you don't take that room (I had a colleague stay in the hotel at the same time and his room was fine).

BTW, the candy on the reception was delicious (mint chocolate, my favorite).

Room Tip: Check your shower to ensure there are no blockages in the drain. And the rooms on the backside (wher...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This hotel is located close to the central station in Copenhagen. Upon our arrival I was advised that check in is available at noon. We came back at noon just to be told that due to the fire alarm check our room will not be available for another 45 minutes (wonder why the same person could not mention it straight away first time round). Not good news as we have been up and running since early morning and we were not impressed by this delay. On a good note, we were able to leave our luggage in a store room upon arrival. I was not impressed with the receiptionist, which could be more welcoming. Room was nice and quite large, beds were comfortable and eventhough this hotel is located on a busy street noise was not an issue. Buffet style breakfast was included, and selection was satisfactory. Internet connection was free of charge, and quite fast. Overall this hotel wasn't neither great nor bad, but maybe there might be something better out there, so keep looking!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family