“Porridge with a twist.”

Cuisines: Danish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Outer Noerrebro
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Porridge with a twist. I went to Grod in the afternoon, to see what the twist would be. I ordered the "Congee"; Asian rice porridge, with organic chicken, ginger, peanuts, soya, spring onions, coriander and sesame oil. I was surprised by all the amazing flavors. A VERY GOOD twist on Porridge. Grod has a variety of Gluten Free, and Vegan options, with some fantastic service. Highly recommend stopping in!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

This place is one of my favorite after visiting two times, heard about the place when I was living in Copenhagen but never went, now this is the go to breakfast for me when I visit again- nice to have a warm porridge in stead of endless bread for breakfast when traveling :)

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Ate breakfast at Grød a couple of times during an extended stay in Copenhagen. Note that we went to the Frederiksburg location, not the main location listed.

The owners of Grød are on a mission to reinvent porridge, and they have definitely done this successfully for their breakfast options. There are a couple of different options for the type of grain(s), and a yummy list of interesting (and some sinful) toppings to go with it. My oldest son (15) went the apple and caramel route, while my youngest (12) went with some berry options. All was delicious and incredibly filling. the large size is only for the really big eaters! Found the beverage options to be a little wonky - there is no regular juice for example. But it was workable. Pricing was reasonable so good for budget travellers.

Grød does feature some interesting lunch/dinner options but we did not try them. Hoping to do that next time we are in Copenhagen.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I wanted to visit Grød for a long time and finally it happend! I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to make it myself the next day. I had asian riceporrigde with chiken - very tasty! I am definitely going to visit this place again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Looked forward to a great breakfast but became very disappointed. Poor, ignorant service and very long waiting. Chia porridge was good but a bit too salty. Porridge with caramel way too sweet due to excessive amount of caramel and very sugary compote. It is possible that the other options on menu is better. To me, not worth the long way for breakfast.