Open today: 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM

from US$ 63.00
from US$ 13.40
from US$ 31.60
5,191 results
All reviews afraid of heights worth the climb spiral staircase coming down bell tower great view of the city well worth the effort viewing platform walk up round tower sunny day copenhagen card spire organ narrower vertigo copper
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful church that can be seen from anywhere in Copenhagen. I'm afraid of heights, but when I'm Copenhagen... you climb to the top. Beautiful views from a top and the journey there made me feel somewhat like Quasimodo! Not really for someone that's afraid of heights or being in tight spaces. But definitely something great to do in the city!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We came upon this church by chance and realised that entry was free with our Copenhagen Cards (they get you in to all sorts of places (e.g Tivoli Gardens, boat trips) free as well as free travel on the railways and buses - pre-book & pick the cards up at the airport!).

Denmark doesn't seem to go in for excessive Health and Safety precautions, so the climb up inside the bell tower was quite exciting - especially with contra-flow on the tight spiral staircase!

Emerging on to the outside was not scary (despite the height) due to sturdy stair case and handrail - however, it was surprising to queue to get to the top to find that the staircase just got very narrow and stopped - so after a few seconds to take in the view, you had to come down to let the next person up.

However - I'm glad I went!

1  Thank JohnR7819
Reviewed 31 July 2017

one should not miss to climb up the incredible tower of this beautiful church. you need to be somehow fit but it's more than worthwhile...

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Although we did not hike up the spire for lack of time, this church was an excellent sight. The organ is impressive and there are many signs explaining the break (Lutheranism's) from the Catholic church and the Danish welfare state. I found the signage informative and easy to understand.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

It's a great tower to climb. Not much to see inside but great views from the main platform at the too. The wooden staircases are steep but strong with plenty of banisters.

If you go up the spiral at the top... well, eventually it gets pretty skinny up there. Safe, I think, but enough to get the heart beating a little faster.