“Excellent pool ”

Ranked #231 of 416 things to do in Copenhagen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We visited the pool on Saturday. It was an excellent place to swim.. next to central copenhagen main station. Special diving pool is very excited and feel like I am in to another world when diving in to pool from top. Sauna, hot bubble pool, and kids pool.. lot variety of pools.. almost we spent 4 hours

Nice place definitely visit next time ..

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I come to DGI Byen once a week to play badminton with friends. The shower room for men need to be cleaned regularly. The shower head should be changed. Just saying ...

1  Thank Royax
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I'm a swimmer and when I have the occasion I try to go swimming wherever I am, also abroad. I was looking for a pool near my hotel in Copenhagen (Hotel Du Nord) and found this one just 6 min away.
I had to try! So I went there early in the morning (6.45) with my 3 grown-up kids.
If you know the Danes (as all Scandinavians) they are very strict, following the rules and very efficient.
Don't enter with your shoes, don't leave you stuff around, use a locker, shower without bathing suit, and do it again if you used the toilet, use liters of shampoo and soap during the shower BEFORE entering the pool, in the pool area DON'T make photos (I wonder I they think you can post on Twitter & FB without photos) ...
When we entered the pool area my kids was told they didn't shower enough and two old ladies yelled at me to stop photographing (as a immediately did).
Everything was clear, we all followed the rules..the when the Danes enter the water in the big pool the go rouge!!!!!!

I have never experienced something so confusing as swimming in Vandkulturhuset, and I have been swimming in pools all around Europe.
The swim 2 or even 3 side-by-side not caring at all that they take all the room, talking all the time!
They stop in the middle, wait until you catch up and then start again!
Making you swim into them. No excuses of course.
Absolutely not letting you swim by at any time.
People stops and crowds the stairs entering and leaving.
I managed badly to make 10 rounds then I had enough of the confusion and exit the pool.
And it was only 7.30 in the morning.
Probably I had it wrong, this is not a pool to train in..it is a pool to play and have fun in.
Anyway, if you are not a fanatic swimmer as I am...this is really a pool to visit.
The elliptical form is incredible!!
The spa pools are nice, warm and cosy..I didn't try the jump pool.
Between 6-9 a.m. it costs less (45 DKK instead of 65 DKK) but as I wrote you will find a lot of people.
You would need a 20 DKK coin for the locker, if you are with out, no problem the cashier will provide you with one. (it is returnable after the use)
You can pay for it all by credit card.

1  Thank Brii63
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

We arrived late evening.
We were dropped off near the hotel but had bit of trouble finding the entrance.
Since we were tired we went straight to bed when we got the room.
I could not understand the noises I thought I heard during the night but in the morning all was revealed.
The view from the window was of the railway tracks and we were perfectly positioned to see the trains as they passed by. In fact a perfect position for a train spotter.
Almost no tissues in the box.No tea bags for morning tea but there was a notice to drink more water.
The cost of the room was expensive for the level of the hotel but there were few alternatives for us since their were few places left in Copenhagen when we booked.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Just returned from 3 days staying at this hotel. Typical Scandinavian furnishings. Comfortable beds, cleaned daily, easy to operate shower with lovely warm water , toiletries in dispensers but absolutely fine. kettle and plastic glasses in room. Card cups and coffee, tea etc available FREE by the side of reception. We just helped our selves as needed. Breakfast is in the restaurant and was very good. Lovely cold meats and cheese, bread, Danish pastries, fruit, cereal etc not a full English but in my opinion good healthy food . We also had a drink late evening and blankets are provided to sit outside so you do not get cold. This is a common practice all over the city. There is a pool, bowling , gym which are all free but we walked so much we didn't use them.Very close to the railway station so convenient for the train to the airport. It is a bit noisy if you keep the window open. It was very hot when we were there but we had an adequate fan so not a problem. It is also very close to Tivoli garden. The staff were all very friendly and helpful..
There was an odd smell in the bathroom on arrival but this disappeared after a couple of uses of the toilet. Think the room hadn't been used for a few days.
Would be happy to stay tree again.