See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2005

My colleague and I needed to attend a major conference and both of us like self-catering. We booked, well in advance, Citilet 1 - a two bedroom, two bathroom partment for a few nights. We contacted Citilet the day before arrival to confirm everything and was told initially that we did not have a booking for this apartment. On checking it became apparent that we did and hence were double booked. Citilet offered a compromise in that my colleague was placed in a friends B&B off-centre of Copenhagen - and did not get breakfast and I was given Citilet 17. We were then to change apartments to Citilet 1 latter in the stay.

Citilet 17 -
A studio apartment which is located next to the offices of Citilet. It is a lovely apartment, well laid out, bathroom is spacious and all I needed to cook and eat was readily available. I was however warned that it may be noisey! Truly an understatement! I am not a disco-loving insomniac and needed to get my sleep for the conference. On the Friday and Saturday night, the building next door hosted a disco with live DJ's until 03:30, so I just about got 2 hours sleep. Sunday night was very quiet thankfully.

Citilet 1 -
We were moved into this on Monday afternoon, although my colleague spent half a morning ensuring things actually happened. This apartment is a city centre apartment and is great. Quiet road, spacious and all facilities that we would need to live. Local pedestrian areas were round the corner. We had two good nights of sleep and were able to do some of the work we had planned to do, had we been staying together for the whole trip.

Overall, whilst the apartments were both clean, tidy and a home from home, Citilet 17 should be avoided if you want some sleep on Friday and Saturday nights (I don't know about the DJ's on Mon to Thurs). The Citilet manager was able to sort things out, but the added stress that an agreed booking was found to be changed did little to help the situation. I would stongly advise that if you make a booking, you check at least a month beforehand, especially if you know that Copenhagen is going to be filled to capacity for a conference.

Our lack of sleep - and we are both sleep specialists - did not help our enjoyment of a lovely city.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank Wacky-Scientist
Reviewed 15 May 2003

We learned a few weeks before our arrival that Citilet had moved us from a three-bedroom apartment, which we had booked and reserved with a credit card, to a two-bedroom. They did not check with us and, when we called to say that the move was unacceptable because of necessary sleeping arrangements, they simply said a better offer had come up and there was nothing they could do. What are reservations for, if you can rely on them? At this point, we had little choice of alternatives. Given an alternative, we would not have stayed there.

24  Thank Road35570