“Good clean hotel, good value.”

Hotel Du Nord Copenhagen
Ranked #52 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The room was a decent size, clean and well fitted with comfortable newish bed and very large bathroom etc. Older style corridors and rooms but very well maintained. Windows that actually opened!
Breakfast in their smallish dining room was busy 3 days in a row but reasonable food range and nice atmosphere, Surly but efficient staff.
According to reception, the ornate parquetry floor in the lobby is actually from the late 19th century when it was a private building.
Reception and cleaning staff were polite and helpful. They spoke perfect english (just like everyone else in Copenhagen). The location is a bit 'red light' and sleazy, noticeably so if you walk in the wrong direction. It is actually quite close to centre and main streets, stations and bus routes. Bus 6A route is less than a block away.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Hotel Du Nord for 4 nights in mid-October 2011. Overall our experience was very positive.

The pros: The room was roomy and comfortable. The staff was courteous and helpful. It was easy to heat the room by twisting the radiator valve and to cool it by opening windows. The TV and tea kettle worked. Bathroom was clean and functional.

The cons: On one of the days, our linens were replaced with stained ones. The light fixtures above the bed were a bit broken. No wireless internet, though internet was available by using a computer in the lobby. Breakfast was OK but not great. Food items would occasionally run out.

The so-so: The location is a mixed bag. On the one hand, the hotel is a two minute walk from the central train station, and within easy walking distance of city hall, Tivoli, and the Stroget. On the other hand, in the other direction only a minute or so away are several blocks of brothels and sex shops. Despite this, we didn't feel unsafe in the hotel and overall the location was much more a plus than a minus.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our 4th floor courtyard room. No noise, decent water pressure.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with innstant.com
3  Thank Shemstami
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I stayed for business over one night and it was exactly what I was looking for:

- Very close to the central station (2 minutes walk) and that means very close to the airport
- A reasonable good price (in an overpriced city)
- No unnecessary extra charges (i.e. internet, iron, etc)
- A very good breakfast buffet.
- And friendly staff!

The quality of the room and bathroom was really good for a 3 stars hotel. I had an interior room so it was very quiet :-) The area is full of similar hotels and restaurants so it does not feel that it is the red light district. (but perhaps the area is different in summer). My only complain is the lack of shower gel so with this I meant its a great hotel with an excellent location very convenient for business or short-trips.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I recently visited copenhagen with my wife and chose this hotel. It was a perfect choice. The hotel is located only 2 minutes from central station , fantastically connected to the train at the airport. that meant that in less than 30 minutes from copenhagen airport i entered the hotel room. The price is good, the rooms are comfortably and big enough. Internet is free with a cable connection given by the staff. Maybe it's because i came in mid november but since is a bit cold in denmark no one was in the streets as noted in some previous posts. It's been very silent and no prostitutes were seen at all. The breakfast was ok to my standards and personnel staff very kind and helpful. The city center is only a few blocks away with its main street called STROGET and even nearer is TIVOLI park. I suggest you to visit by train also hamlet's Castle and take a trip to sweden, it's only 30 minutes by train at the price of 75 DKK one way. very reasonable. danish people speak a very good english and we found no difficulties at all.
The choice was really OK to me. If you want to visit Copenhagen , that is a good solution .
relationship quality/price = VERY GOOD .
Viva la Danimarca

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The price and fact that hotel is 2 minutes walk from Central Station were main factors for my choice. However, Omena hotel next door is much cheaper, especially if you are 3 or 4 persons. We were 2 adults and kid, and decided to stay in Du Nord as they have spacious triple rooms, at least their www site and booking.com site says so. On photos these rooms look really big (description said it is 27m2), so we decided it will be worth to pay little bit more but to have big room, instead of tiny one in Omena. Well, to my disappointment we got small room... probably double with added extra bed. Hard to walk around the room with this extra bed, really, especially as they left there armchair and table that probably stayed in the corner where bed was arranged for our girl... so, we had useless small table almost inside of our bed, and armchair squeezed next to bed on opposite side of room...
I asked in my booking form for quiet room - so, I wonder, maybe they had not quiet, peaceful triple room and had to give us double? I would accept it... but still, this room wasn't really peaceful. It was next to elevator and stairs, exactly where cleaning ladies parked all their equipment every day early morning, doing lot of noise and talking, laughing just on our door.
It was disappointment.
All other things were OK. Staff really nice and polite. Bathroom big and comfortable, with hot water, fresh towels every day etc. Internet wired but speedy, and they give you the cable. No problem here. In the room was very hot, so we kept opening windows at night, even if outside was only +4 grades.
Breakfast delicious, but breakfast room really small, what makes people waiting in reception (especially during weekend) and looking your table all the time like 'When they will finish finally???', what makes eating little bit uncomfortable, with such stress. If you are in hurry, try to eat earlier.
Generally we enjoyed our stay there, but would rather not come back - as in Omena hotel I may get the same size room much cheaper. Here I felt cheated, as I didn't get what I booked - no proper size triple room, and no quiet room definitely.

Room Tip: Ask for the room far from elevator if you don't want to be woken up early morning by cleaning ca...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family