1,732 results
All reviews tivoli gardens central station superior room excellent location minute walk hotel is centrally located breakfast buffet mini bar business trip city hall city break cold meats vesterport train denmark cph cruise
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife came here for 4 days, 3 nights. We arrived and the staff were lovely, the inside is much nicer than the outside appearance. A short walk from the central station and around 10-15 mins walk to the center. The rooms are very small and the bathroom even more so, the bath was half the size of a normal bath which we found frustrating as we like our baths! The decor was nice throughout the hotel and the restaurant was fantastic, lovely food and atmosphere but a little pricey. An average bottle of wine worked out at around £50. But again the food was some of the best Italian food we've had and we're Italian

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Russell W
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I have been staying in this hotel for many if my trips since last 3 years
This time I booked a superior room using bonus loyalty points but to my surprise the room size was smaller than a standard and it looked so suffocated that i had to change to standard room

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Deepak J
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Very modern hotel. Staff was pleasant. Rooms were nicely furnished & comfortable. Our room had two twin beds, a wardrobe with full length mirror, drawers, a desk, and a small table. There was an electric kettle to make tea or instant coffee. The bathroom was wonderful! Long, deep tub perfect for a good soak. There is a hair dryer. Where we would use tile they used glass and it was very clean and bright.
The breakfast buffet was included and it was a very extensive buffet. There were several hot times, a selection of breads (many very dense with wonderful texture), cold cuts, cheeses, and fresh fruits.
The hotel is within a few blocks of the train station, Tivoli Gardens, many shops and restaurants, and the canal where you can take boat rides.
The only thing I would suggest is forego leaving the window open all night. This city is on the ocean and the water birds are loud!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank MorwensCat
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Great location!

After I filed a complaint that the room was too hot (late September 2017) they lowered the temperature as I could not do that myself. Major complaint and really the only one is: the bath tub is dangerous.It has a curved bottom that promotes standing instability and a smooth slippery surface. The tub wall is so high that seniors will have problems getting in and out especially shorter folk. Only 1/3rd of the tub/shower is enclosed with glass letting water all over the floor. There is no way to contain the water for a shower (which is why there is a floor drain) so keep your articles off the floor. GET RID OF THE TUB AND REPLACE WITH A SLIP FREE FLOOR AND A SEAT WITH COMPLETE ENCLOSURE. I will not charge for this "free" advice. The restaurant associated with the hotel "La Appetite" was the bomb. Double excellent food, wine and spirits, Luca, our waiter two nights in a row was excellent. Everyone working here was Italian so they know Italian food!!!

I spent more than 2500+ plus nights in hotels all over the world. This review is honest not BS like some of the others. I experienced none of their problems.

Room Tip: La Appetite and server Luca and the rest of the wait staff is enough reason to stay at The Imperial.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chazmanian
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Look this hotel's rooms do not compare to some of the others in Copenhagen. For the same price there is much better. The bedding was sub par with pillows you could scrunch into a ball. The 'twin bed' was a paper thin single mattress on a metal frame. We were supposedly in a 'superior' room but I struggle to see what was superior apart from the view. The restaurant was extremely overpriced and we didn't even bother after hearing disappointing guests walking out. The lifts will have you getting very intimate with people you've never met as they're the size of a shoebox and travel slower than a snail.

It's a good location right near the tram and the staff are friendly and helpful. The staff are the one redeeming feature and are the sole reason I didn't rate this 1 star.

Room Tip: Superior rooms supposedly have good views...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends