“Good location but too expensive for the outdated room” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scandic Front

Scandic Front
Ranked #46 of 115 Hotels in Copenhagen
Basel
“Good location but too expensive for the outdated room”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed in the Scandic Front for two nights. Overall, good location, room and service just okay but not worth the price. The front desk staff was not friendly/helpful. As we checked in, all we received was the room key. No explanation of anything about the hotel, services, surrounding area, rental bike (which we found out later). The room was basic, carpet and furniture needed a facelift. What I really disliked was the few spots of mold in the bathroom wall and ceiling. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WorldTravelerBasel
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear WorldTravelerBasel,

Thank you for taking the time giving us feedback on your stay. I am sorry that we clearly where unable to live up to both your and our own standards.
I am unable to explain why you where not greeted in welcoming and informative manner like all our guest should so here we for sure have something to improve.
It is neither acceptable to find spots of mold in the bathroom, I will send my team out to locate this room immediately and I wish you would have informed us while staying with us so we could have given you an other room.

My deepest apologies for not giving you the stay you should have had.

Johan Åséll
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Hotel is good, room is nice but dark lighting. The full length windows either have blackout curtains over them and the room is dark or your left exposed to anyone glancing up, no happy medium in the morning for letting in light without exposing your self to all of Copenhagen.
My main gripe about this hotel is the noise. the doors do little to keep out sound so your restful sleep is at the mercy of the early riser brigade, for me that was just before 6am. the sound of helpful people chatting in a corridor and doors opening and closing can serve as an alarm call, but the real fun starts at about 7:15am when the rooms start to be cleaned, bins emptied and hoovered.
The main point about staying here though is the great location one street away from Nyhavn, not its peace and tranquality...
Breakfast is the standard fare you will find in most hotels, but could do with a better quality coffee machine (no coffee/tea making facilities in the room I had)
last point is the showers are great but if you put it on full it cant drain away fast enough and you are at risk of flooding the whole bathroom

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dillbert,

Thanks for taking the time reviewing our hotel. I appreciate the valuble feedback. We cant do so much about the noise from the street, but I will make sure that we wont start the houskeeping team before 8:30-9:00.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

The hotel is good. The roooms are small but clean. Good breakfast.
A few minutes walking from the channel tour.
Honest hotel.

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Marcfer,

Thanks for your review happy that you liked our place even though you found the rooms small, and yes our single rooms are a bit small from an international perspective.

Thanks again!
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed in the Scandic Front for one night in a single room for a business trip. Hotel is well located and offers even (side)views on the water. Wifi is free and works very well. Rooms have received a facelift and come in contemporary design. Breakfast is included in the room rate and offers a large choice in a cosy atmosphere.

On the other hand, the hotel shows the signs of its age, notably in the old and smelly elevators and on the somewhat run down furniture. Rooms to the streetside are als rather noisy, as the window does not seem to offer any substantial noise protection.

Despite these mixed impressions I give this property a higher mark, as I had two very positive experiences with the staff: When I arrived at 10:00 in the morning completely wet after a sudden rainshower, the receptionist phoned to find me a room which was already cleaned. And when I sent to the Frontdesk a PDF file with my Boarding Pass, they brought it even to my room in less that three minutes.

Service makes the difference ...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Zaventem
Swedan2900, General Manager at Scandic Front, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Zaventem,

Thanks for taking the time reviewing your stay with us.

The building is old and yes our elevators are not new and modern, but they do the job and will fore sure at one time be modernized but we try to focus on the rooms first and I find your points valuable.

So happy that you enjoyed our service the team works hard trying to make a difference.

Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

What stands out from my one-night stay here is how friendly and HELPFUL the staff is! Everyone else has said it all re the great location but I want to reiterate how nice it is to be in a hotel with such professional staff. I liked it that they have a small corner where one can get drinks, fruits, salads and sandwiches since one doesn't always feel like trekking out for a bite. There's also a mini- mini-market across the street if you want a bit (but not that much) more of a variety. The room was just so-so. Someone said the carpet bothered them and I also didn't like the shaggy carpet since these are indeed breeding ground for germs. I was disappointed to find out they didn't have rooms with bathtubs until I used their shower. It's a rain shower but not the wimpy kind that dribbles - it was full-powered and great. I also liked the fact that this hotel is so environmentally-friendly. The trash bin lets you sort your waste, and there are dispensers in the bathroom for soap, shampoo and lotion so no wasteful little plastic containers or itsy-bitsy bar soaps that get thrown away after a day's use. Close to Nyhaver, but It's still a bit of a hike to the nearest metro and train station if you're feeling tired (around 10 mins brisk walk).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BrusselsSprouter
Dear BrusselsSprouter,

Thank you for your kind review and magnificent feedback to our team members.

Our carpets is often up to debate so when time comes for renovation we will have some serious consideration to be done here.

Thanks again and kind regards