All reviews rosenborg castle rosenborg slot quiet street danish pastries small lounge small hotel within walking distance tea and coffee boiled eggs marble church breakfast room excellent location minute walk good size round tower copenhagen hotels little mermaid
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Perfect location to visit Copenaghen, close to the center of the town. very close to the Rosenborg castle, just in front of the hotel.
We have particularly appreciated the availability of drinks and sweet all over the day (24h).
Great breakfast, very varied, with excellent sweet and savory products.
Bath without windows with aways a little smell.
Basic but comfortable room, we had a triple room.
Luggage storage service

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Kasper J, Direktør at Hotel Christian IV, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear viaggiatrice59,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Hotel Christian IV. I'm delighted to know you enjoyed our wonderful city and found our location perfect. The availability of free snacks and drinks is popular with our guests. We love the atmosphere it brings to our lobby area when our guests stop by. I'm glad you appreciated this part of our service.
I hope you find time to return to our city and we would love the chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We came here for two night.
The room is smaller than we thought, but we didn't care about.
The bathroom was clean and big (you should bring with you flip flops to have a shower).
I don't like moquette in every place.
It's not expensive and it is located near a big garden and close the Latin Neighborhood.
We had a breakfast included, you can eat a different type of bread, jam, ham, cheese, cereal, eggs and yogurt. You can drink everything you want.
maybe after walking outiside with cold, you can also drink some tea.
The receptionist Anna is very kind, more kind than other one.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kasper J, General Manager at Hotel Christian IV, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Lessia M,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking your time to write a review. With only 42 rooms we are small in size, however, I am delighted you found us a cute hotel. The room type you stayed in is our smallest double room. I am glad it wasn't a problem for you, however, you should know we have two larger double room categories; Classic double & Superior double. Some of these rooms are without carpet. Should you return to stay with us again let us know and we will find one of these rooms for you.
I will be sure to let Anna know you appreciated her service. I hope you enjoyed your time in Copenhagen and find time to come back.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Just returned from a 5 day stay at this property and for me the Hotel Christian 4 fit my needs perfectly. Location was great, on a quiet street just across the park from Rosenborg Slot, walking distance to almost all sights or easy access to them by the 1A or 26 bus just a few blocks away. The staff were all friendly and helpful and knew me by name very quickly. Breakfast was very enjoyable and it’s inclusion in the very competitive room rate was an extra bonus in a very expensive restaurant city. Rooms and common areas were spotlessly clean and furnishings well maintained throughout. If you are looking for a luxury property, this is not for you, but if you are looking for comfortable well priced accommodation perfect for touring Copenhagen , stay here. My room was a classic double that overlooked a very quiet courtyard and was more than adequate in size, although I was a solo traveler. The only downside was a unpretentious bathroom and a slippery shower and really small toilet but this is a minor complaint since it was a great deal compared to the other properties I priced for my stay. Recommend it without reserve.

Room tip: Street seemed quiet but the courtyard was definitely so, even with an open window
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank spiegs882016
Kasper J, Direktør at Hotel Christian IV, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear spiegs882016,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Hotel Christian IV. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I'm really pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay. Our location is often highlighted and we realize how important it is to stay in walking distance to both public transit, sights and restaurants.
I'm very proud of our staff, and I think they do a wonderful job of delivering a personal but relaxed service. I'm glad you find them both friendly and helpful.
I know our hotel is not luxurious as such, however, I'm happy to know you find our property well maintained and clean. We will have to inspect the floor in the shower; I'm very sorry you found it slippery.
Thank you for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community. It means a lot to us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Such a great hotel which is central and close to transport links. We forgot to take photos but it was a clean, bright room which came with a cot (for our son) and included a great breakfast! Staff very friendly. We come to Copenhagen often so we’ll be staying there again.

Great park and castle nearby for walks away from the centre.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kanddhanson
Kasper J, General Manager at Hotel Christian IV, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear kanddhanson,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Hotel Christian IV. I am delighted to know you found us a great hotel and enjoyed our location. We love our surroundings too and we are lucky that our location can serve as a great base for exploring Copenhagen.
I am very pleased to hear you will stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, so we can find the best-suited room to accommodate you and your family. We look forward to welcoming you again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2018

My wife and I stayed at Christian IV in early October 2018. It's a very nice little hotel, located a 5-minute walk from the Rosenborg Castle.

We booked a bigger room and it was very comfortable. The bed was firm and very comfortable. Our room was on the 2nd floor, and if you keep the windows open at night (no AC) - you may be awakened by a delivery truck in the middle of the night. If you are a light sleeper - bring ear plugs.

Bathroom was somewhat small and had a shower only (fine by us). The hotel didn't provide any toiletries to speak of - bring your own.

Both internet and breakfast were included in the rate. The breakfast included only cold dishes but was plentiful.

I booked directly with the hotel as they offered a special discount for the Trip Advisor users.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Constantine D

Dear Constantine D,
Thank you very much for staying with us. It was a pleasure having you and your wife as our guests at Hotel Christian IV. I am delighted to hear you found your room and your bed comfortable. I hope you weren't awakened at night by a delivery truck - if it was the case and the delivery was ours - please accept my apologies. We have done our best scheduling deliveries to a minimum, however, we are not always in control of the delivery times.
I am glad to know you took advantage of the special discount we offer to Tripadvisor users. We value all the feedback we get from the community and we would like to reward the users with this discount.
I hope you enjoyed your time in Copenhagen. Should you ever return to our city I hope you will think of us again.
Best regards,