“Beautiful vista”

AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Copenhagen
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is an amazing hotel. When we arrived, the reception check in area was beautiful and the staff extremely helpful. An upgrade was offered to us, giving us a king suite on the 21st floor that provided a view of the city of Copenhagen from 2 sides. Lots of pillows on the bed which made for a very comfortable sleep. The reception staff provided us with information regarding the various Metro systems, where to exchange currency and a few sites to check out while in Copenhagen. The Sky Lounge has a 270 degree view of the city and offers a Tapas menu for dining options. The Library restaurant was the only restaurant open for supper during our stay and although the food and servers good, the actual food service was slow. Breakfast wasn't included in the cost of the room but there was a restaurant open in the mornings that provided a buffet breakfast with a great selection of items. The hotel is close to a Metro station which made getting to the city centre very easy.

1  Thank AlbertaHarleychick
BellaSkyComwell, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

We thank you for your review and hope to see you back at Bella Sky Comwell in the near future.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen

Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is a very nice, very modern hotel. The room was very adequate, with modern bathroom. However the rooms were more towards the small size - but not overly small. The closet's in the room were very small, there is no way a suitcase could fit in. As a result I found myself struggling to find a place to put my clothes.

One of the best parts about the hotel is the wifi. It had a very good signal strength compared to other hotels I've stayed in. Additionally, it was nice that it was not password protected so it was very easy to log on to.

The breakfast buffet breakfast was quite good. There was a good variety of food on offer and always in plenty of supply. The dinning room at breakfast is very big which allowed for enough space for all. That being said, since this is an 800+ room hotel, it was very crowded a few mornings when the hotel was full. One negative aspect of the breakfast was that the hot food while keep covered was not hot, or warm for that matter. There were no heaters/burners to keep the food warm. As a result, some hot foods were actually cold.

The downside of the hotel: The selection of the dinner and room service menus. On my first night I attempted to order room service after 22.00, and found only one item available - a sandwich. The next time I went to the hotel restaurant, which had a menu that consisted of a selection of 3 main courses. For a hotel of this size, I would expect a better selection. I've never been in a hotel that offered such a limited menu.

Additionally, the hotel food is grossly over priced. I know that hotel menus are not cheap, nor are they intended to be, but a dinner, drink and dessert should not cost 550 DKK (~$90usd).

While not the best hotel I've stayed in, it is quite good and could be better if they could sort out the food issues.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank brtemp

We are glad that you have reviewed our hotel, it makes us able to become even better. It is not okay, that the food wasn’t warm, when supposed to. We have heaters installed, but we will check them immediately. Our restaurant prices reflect the average prices of restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My flight was canceled that early afternoon, and the airline checked us in to this hotel. For the first time I was glad for what happened LOL. My room on the 13th floor was spotless and modern, very nice Danish design furnitures, but not sure about the window design for those who scare of height, so I drew the curtain down, no problem :)

Check in was quick, free internet use in the room, very nice bathroom with shower, shampoo, conditioner,showe gel and body lotion are supplied, tooth paste and brush would be even better. Minibar and coffe/tea making facilities are available. Close to metro station and bus stop.

Room Tip: For those who scare of height is better to ask for lower level rooms.
2  Thank DenLilleHavrue

We are glad, that we were able to make an unbearable situation bearable. We look forward to seeing you here on your next stay in Copenhagen.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was in the hotel for a week and i had the most terrible experience in my life looking at all the hotels i have visited in Denmark and outside. The first day i checked in we had problems but they were able to figure it out i guess. Our booking was included with breakfast. We woke up the next day to go eat breakfast and we were told breakfast was not included. So we went downstairs to talk to the someone at the reception and he said, we had to pay for breakfast because it says its not included. We explained to him that his colleague we met yesterday said it was included so why then is he saying something else. While explaining to him, another guy came and told him its in their system or data that we are staying for 8 nights with breakfast included. My question is that, what kind of worker will not check his or her data first before making any silly comments. That incident was taken care of and we all became satisfy but there was this annoying and embarrassing moment where one girl, woman ...whatever by name Mette who call herself Boss called my room saying that we are suppose to check out saturday. I told her as far as i know, its the next day we are checking out. She insisted that it was saturday. I told her am coming down to the reception to show her the email which was sent to me showing when exactly i was suppose to check out. I got there and talked to one girl who stood there. I asked her to check in her system when am to check out. she replied saying sunday which is the next day, so i was right then. I then asked her why that Mette called my room. She went inside to talk to her and came back and said we a suppose to check out today but if we insist it is tomorrow then we should send the email we had showing it was sunday not saturday. We went upstairs to send the mail and also print it out for them. We then went downstairs to give the printed copy to them and tell them also that the email its been sent to the hotel email address. Immediately when we got there i girl we talked to said them figured it out and it was sunday not saturday. Again i was right. My question again is, how come the workers or Mette especially did not check the system to see if truly they claim that they have received the document, that it was saturday or sunday before picking up the phone to call. I think some of the workers are very rude, discriminative, not respectful and pretenders. I had the worst experience in my life. Very embarrassing. You do not treat people like that. No matter who they are, where they from always show them some respect. After all this mess i never even got an apology from any of the workers especially that Mette woman who call herself the Boss. She is incompetent. Lastly please let the workers know that when it says do not disturb on the door, they should try to respect that. My door was been open several times.

10  Thank Harrison K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The issues mentioned will be addressed.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

This was a great hotel for the price we paid and much higher standard than hotels in the centre of town which were in a similar price range. Rooms were nice although not huge and well equipped with good quality bathrooms. Visually the hotel is really stunning and has very funky decor throughout, the Skybar was great although we visited when it was shrouded in mist! The gym was well equipped and quiet. Staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English. It is a little way out of town but near to the station and the Metro only takes 10 mins to get to the centre and is very regular. It is also convenient for the airport. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
BellaSkyComwell, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

We look forward to your next visit, thank you for your great review.