“Bad service, okay coffee”

Paludan's Book & Cafe
Ranked #9 of 92 Quick Bites in Copenhagen
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 14 October 2018

Paludan is a very popular café, especially amongst foreigners, and the location and interior is also really nice, but having been here several times, the lack of services is honestly what keeps me from coming back. Several times I've seen 5 waiters behind the counter, one taking orders and 4 talking and ignoring the customers. Super rude and a waste of time. Sad, since the food is quite good, but I won't be coming back.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place with very good and affordable and delicious fresh food. You can read, eat and drink at the same place and time. I would live here if I could. :-)

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

With high expectation of this “cafe / library”, I was a bit disappointed that no one is allowed to touch the books, or ask someone to temporary borrow one. The atmosphere was terrific and relaxing. Smoothies are fantastic here. For the price, food was good, though my steamed plaice was not properly cooked that I had to rid this raw and chewy fascia. Perhaps I’ll catch a better day here in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

My sister and I came here multiple times during our stay in Copenhagen and we always enjoyed the food. The cafe is also a bookstore and a great place to sit down and get some work done.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Anyone who is a fan of hygge and books will find themselves in heaven at this place, which is a beautiful old building on a couple of layers. You can cosy up with a book by candle light and easily lose yourself for an hour or two. My preference would be just to have a drink - perhaps a smoothie - as the food is neither that great or befitting of the environment. Candle light and historical books don't seem to fit well with nachos somehow?!