“Good food and great ambiance”

Paludan's Book & Cafe
Ranked #9 of 91 Quick Bites in Copenhagen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 4 October 2018

My sister and I came here multiple times during our stay in Copenhagen and we always enjoyed the food. The cafe is also a bookstore and a great place to sit down and get some work done.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Anyone who is a fan of hygge and books will find themselves in heaven at this place, which is a beautiful old building on a couple of layers. You can cosy up with a book by candle light and easily lose yourself for an hour or two. My preference would be just to have a drink - perhaps a smoothie - as the food is neither that great or befitting of the environment. Candle light and historical books don't seem to fit well with nachos somehow?!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Very busy cafe and bookshop - combined a.great vibe.Near the Round Tower.Price very reasonable Inc drinks
Wife had salmon which she loved.I had veggie burger - OK but not special.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Paludan‘s is a wonderful gem in the city in terms of place and furniture, a nice old book café. BUT: You pick up everything at the bar - and then: YOU HAVE TO WAIT! Even there are only a few other persons before you, you wait unacceptable long time, because there is to few staff... If you would change that, it would be a really wonderful place.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I've been to this place numerous times and what can I say - I really enjoy the atmosphere, the food and the casual vibe but one thing that I just can't wrap my head around - the service! Are people working there under immense stress or are they just often in a bad mood? I mean, I get it, it can get quite busy at times and the place itself is pretty big but should I as a customer be that aware of it?

Date of visit: August 2018