“It's in the name”
Review of Spicy Indian

Spicy Indian
Ranked #1,456 of 2,641 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Cuisines: Indian, British
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Certainly the fare here can be very spicy, but they do listen to customer requests and will try to accommodate your palate if you are not quite so accustomed that that.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

No big deal. The restaurant is a few meters from Danmark hotel so we walk by it every day during our stay. It was always closed.

Review collected in partnership with Volagratis
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Curry is like the curry sauce you have over chips in UK with the odd piece of meat.

Prison Camp rations from WWII come to mind. You will even be instructed to sit (not offered a seat) whilst you wait for your takeaway.

Cheap and chearful. You get what you pay for.

Approx 40DKK (5GBP) for a pizza

Approx 75DKK (9GPB) for an advertised curry. More of a curry sauce without the chips.

Reviewed 12 September 2010

I have been to this food joint ( i should call it a take away joint ) atleast half a dozen times and every single time the food & quality of customer service has gone from bad to worse...I chose to visit this place, eat & take away ( only 2 tables to eat with few chairs attached to the side wall) and every single time i have come back with utter disappointment...The quality of food is Ok to taste for Indian who visit CPH and are deprived of Indian Food, but customer care is pathetic....I am short of a better dictionary word to describe the individual there..

There are 4-5 guys in the kitchen and front desk department who are a flock of confused men keeping the food in their hand and searching for customers who ordered the food...They are just lost...I eat Naan and Palak Panir and also ordered take away to find that i was only given naan for my take away and they totally forgot to pack Palak Panir....Just a mess and the saying " too many cooks spoil the broth " is very true here...If you have to experience it...please visit.

I should mention about an individual in this restaurant ( he acts as a team lead ) who reminds me of my school days & my principal ....he wants everything to be ordered at one time and will be very harsh on you if you order the second time and makes you feel miserable...I did tolerate him the first time but now after going thru it the second time, i have decided to give my opinion here ...I have also written the feedback on this individual to the group CEO.

I do not know if anything will happen or not...but one things is sure that I am not returning to that food joint once again and advise all to stay away from it ...

3  Thank Sharath_dg
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Copenhagen is a madly expensive city. After my first meal, I nearly cried. I had to suspend doing maths in my head for fear I'd go broke. One afternoon I was walking toward the harbor cruise when I passed a very busy restaurant. It was called Spicy Indian. It smelled delicious! I looked at the board outside and it advertised pizza and Indian food. Odd combination to be sure. But I made a mental note to come back and try the food. On my return I ordered a pepperoni and bacon pizza and a side of chips (french fries for the Americans). The pizza is made fresh right after you order it. The small fed three of us! It was the perfect balance of sauce and cheese; the crust magnificent! It was piled high with bacon - yummers! The chips were nice and hot. Not to salty. Our meal cost 68 DKK. Not bad for pizza and chips.

Spicy Indian is easy to find. Head for the Raadhuspladsen. Go to the side that has the 7-11 and Burger King. Vester Voldgade runs parallel to H.C. Andersen Blvd. Walk up past the Raadhuspladsen to #87. They are open from 1100 to 0100 Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday from 1100 to 0500. If you are looking to get a great meal for very little money. Spicy Indian is the place to go.