All reviews tivoli gardens rock concert amusement park inside tivoli brasserie restaurant double sinks free entry antique furniture beautiful boutique hotel corner suite direct access junior suite beautiful room rain shower modern amenities nespresso machine train station
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Beautiful hotel. Great location. Staff friendly and very helpful. This was my first time to Denmark and overall I had a very memorable vacation. Our room was the best I have every stayed in and It was magical to overlook Tivoli. Surprisingly quiet... no complaints!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I can't say enough positive about the Nimb and can't wait to go back! We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the largest suite complete with a private terrace that had a gas grill and looked out onto Tivoli Gardens. The wine fridge included a sign inviting us to enjoy these complimentary wines selected just for us and the Butler service was amazing and ironed our shirts so we looked great for our days and nights in Copenhagen (there is a fee associated with Butler service so make sure to ask in advance).
On a side note our flight home was delayed so we came back and they were not able to give us the same room but the junior suite was very nice and perfectly acceptable. They are remodeling and I can't wait to see the final product!

Room Tip: They are all great rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Over all very nice - good service but not perfect. Need to work on the small details. Forgot my arrival package romance, forgot my desert. On the food tour it said Bentley but was an Audi. Still a great hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Swede054
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I just wrapped up a three night stay at the Nimb Hotel. I had a wonderful time there and my only regret is not having longer to stay to enjoy the room and the city. The hotel itself is unique and beautiful.

We stayed in the executive suite. It was a great room--incredibly spacious, with nice attention to detail (wine fridge (with stocked wines!), towel hooks, fridge for water, fresh flowers everywhere, amazing glassware). Regretfully, we never found time to use the fireplace, which was a nice touch. The bathroom had a great shower with a huge tub. The only downsides to the room in my opinion was that the lights were a bit tricky to maneuver, as was the b+o TV and phone systems. In addition, there is a small bit of construction outside--literally did not bother us at all, but until that is complete, the view of Tivoli will not be perfect.

As far as food and drink goes, the hotel is well appointed. The breakfast was good, I wish we had time to have it more than just the first morning. The bars were beautiful, although a bit formal. The brasserie was only open for breakfast at the moment.

Where the hotel overall really excels is in service. The staff was warm and welcoming. The concierge was incredibly helpful at booking transfers, in room massages, and providing tips on places to go and walk. When it was time to check out, the bill was waiting for us.

The location is in Tivoli garden, which I imagine is great for spring, summer, and fall. Perhaps not as exciting when Tivoli is closed. That is of course no fault of the hotel. (Although I do recommend John's hot dog stand across the street if you enjoy the simple things as well as the luxury in the hotel).

Overall, it is a great place to stay if you value service, luxury, and a central location. I highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lmn784
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I'm fortunate enough to have tried fabulous hotels all over the world, but I'm not exaggerating when I say that this is the most magical hotel experience I've ever had. Tivoli Gardens was still open when we stayed at the Nimb the second week of September, which means that, yes, we had a patio that was wide open to people in the park, as other reviewers have mentioned. It also means that each night we could walk through the beautifully-lit up gardens and each morning we woke up to the sounds of preparation for a day of fun.

We stayed in a junior suite. Yes it was expensive but it was worth it: The interior design was just gorgeous in a sort of down-to-earth, accessible luxury style. No baroque furnishings and gilded wainscoting here-- warm and inviting instead. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The living room area was cosy and well-stocked with water and fruit. The bathroom was so luxurious-- the bathtub was so big that if it was full I floated! We didn't have a fireplace, but it didn't matter.

The staff was friendly and totally accommodating, even giving us advice about which rides to try on our last day when we finally gave the amusement park a really good look. The bistro also makes a pretty killer hot chocolate if you're into that sort of thing like we are.

Finally, yes, it's true that on Fridays during the season there's a soundcheck at 10am and a concert at 10pm. The hotel supplies ear plugs if you need them, but more importantly, we were very well-notified of this. It's listed in several places on their website before we booked; it was included in the confirmation email; they mentioned it at check-in and they reminded us in writing the day before. If that's going to be an issue for you, you definitely know ahead of time and came make other arrangements.

I can't say enough good things about this place. It was all around the best -- and most special-- hotel experience we've ever had. If you're looking to splurge on something you'll never forget, this is it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple