“Fantastic location; nice staff; nothing else ready for prime time.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nimb Hotel

Nimb Hotel
Ranked #10 of 117 Hotels in Copenhagen
New York
“Fantastic location; nice staff; nothing else ready for prime time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

Our view out the window into Tivoli was phenomenal. Peacocks, ducks, marching bands, fantastic fountains, anything you could imagine. Lots of fun.

And the staff was really very nice and helpful for the most part, especially when trying to correct the many problems.

BUT.....

The walls were so thin we could hear the people in the next room talking. Couldn't sleep well at all. The floors were all wood without carpet so people walking outside in the hallway sounded like a herd of elephants.

The food was mediocre, but the service was even worse. In the Brasserie, we had to wait a half hour for a waiter to come and ask us for drinks and give us the menu + another half hour to get the appetizers + another half hour to get the entrees + etc. You get the idea. Awful!

The bar of soap in the room was so small that it was just silly. The maid service was really spotty. Sometimes we got towels and sometimes we didn't. There was virtually no closet space. No drawers to speak of. The phone was unusable. At least the internet was included in the outrageous cost of the room.

They didn't even have a gym! It's the first hotel in years that I've been in that didn't have a gym.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I'd never go back.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Hal013
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel is rightfully at the top of the Tripadvisor rankings. The staff are excellent, attentive and not overbearing. The rooms are clean, stylish and have the most amazing views. The food, both breakfats and dinner, was exquisite and not overpriced

I'm currently working out when I can bring the family here, it is just divine.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MatthewCT
Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

With a small number of rooms and well trained staff, this hotel is a pleasure to come home after a day out and about. The bartenders were the real deal. The front desk staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful in making hard to get reservations. The bed was among the most comfortable I've slept in. I especially appreciated that individual down comforters. The chairs and sofa were if not uncomfortable, were not comfortable either. The showers were luxurious in the waterfall of water provided. Breakfasts were simple; but, the danish was over the top. Danish blue cheese on black bread is also not to be missed. I can't give a perfect grade because service at breakfast was a hit or miss affair. The morning staff seemed not to have been as highly trained as the evening bar staff who were perfect. The only other draw back for us was that the art work in the enormous high ceiling bar(huge black and white "pen and ink" style drawings) were just plain creepy. We sat there daily saying "what were they thinking? who thought creepy two headed people was a good idea?" The hotel is on the Tivoli Garden property. The view of the Garden is unparalled. When the park opens mid-April, I expect sleeping late is not an option. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Korsør Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I booked a deluxe room at the Nimb Hotel for one night for my husband and me. I did it on the phone and the hotel wanted me to use a email.adress, no problem but a little surprised why it could not be done over the phone as many the other hotels around the world. (we travel a lot).I arrived by car and nobody told me (on the phone) that there was a reconstruction work in front of the hotel so the streets were closed. I parked the car 10 minutes walk away from the hotel, checked in and was told they had no parking area. Only a deal with another hotel (their park house) 10 minutes walk away. So I had to walk back, pick the car up, stop in front of the hotel and give the luggage to the staff,drive to the other hotel and walk back again. The two persons at the front desk did not have drivers license so I had to drive with the staffperson next to me so he could show me where to go. Very bad start! They told the parking was included in the bill, but the next day another staff person wanted to charge us anyway. Fortunately he changed his mind. The room was small but very nice with fireplace and large bathroom. There was vodka and caviar in the room (with charge) - I think champagne and strawberries would have been better, but that is personal taste/opinion. My husband arrived a few hours later from the airport and the taxidriver also parked 10 minutes walk away from the hotel so my husband had to walk with heavy luggage. We had a nice dinner at Bar n`grill that served nice food and ok barolo wine(just too expensive compared to the quality) The breakfast was ok but not huge. Not a lot of food was presented so there was nothing "for the eye".The bar room where the breakfast was served was very nice. When we checked out, there was only one staff at the front desk and a lot of persons coming in and out so we had to wait to get a map of the city so my husband could find our car in the parking area of the other hotel. Nimb lented him a umbrella because it was raining badly outside. And then the story goes on with car!Next time we go for a hotel in Copenhagen we will stay in a place with better service. Maybe the D`angleterre is an option?

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
11 Thank DKLaura
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

Really nice hotel in perfect location (by train 15 minutes from the airport), with nicely decorated rooms with direct access to Tivoli gardens. Breakfast is also great, only negative thing is the price, because comparing to same price-range hotels in other european hotels, it's really very expensive. Also, if there is some work in the gradens, the room is very noisy. But if this is not a problem for you, it's excellent choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo