All reviews no elevator two bottles of water eating drinking places lively street breakfast and friendly staff norreport station simple hotel late arrival roof terrace stay there again city centre higher floor walk in shower tea and coffee making facilities free wifi bus stop comfortable beds
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

The location was good, breakfast okey and nice beds. But I find it expensive for the quality. The staff was really nice and helpful. I arrived late in the night and I had to leave early that is why for me was not worth the price, because I couldn't enjoy the location.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2018

So, I rarely write a negative review. But this time I think I'm just being quite honest.

The Hotel Nora is in a cool older building on a very busy arterial. There are a lot of shops and eateries in every direction. The 'Lakes' down the street are very nice and a gateway into the heart of the old city.

My experience with the Nora could be that I'm just too American for this location. It's true that our expectation of a hotel is ...higher. While clean and serviceable, this hotel needs some work. By that I mean they can't assume a visitor knows their unique set up. For example: They have gates at the street that close at night, say 11pm and open in the AM. very nice. But they don't seem to open for everyone. My first night in town, I returned to find the gates closed. I tried my key. I didn't work. finally another guest arrived and he tried his key - it worked. Last night I had the same situation however no one came by with a key. No one answers the night bell. So.. i had to climb over. Prior to that I had a VERY early flight out and had to get out. I left my key in the room - can't take it with me as well I was checking out for a few days. I was confronted at 445AM with a locked gate - NO instructions on how to exit. SO.. I threw my bag over and climbed out. This morning I asked about it - there's a little button that you cannot see that you have to press to exit. NO signage to explain this. I was told to get "in" there's a hole and you insert your key and well... I looked this morning I think I found it, but it's not labeled as such. On a good note, the breakfast is nice, although after a few days it's getting a bit tiresome.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sea911Guy
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We got an economy double room which was OK.
A simple bed, a round table with two chairs and a bathroom with neccesary stuff and no more. One free beer and one free bottle water per guest as well as tea bags and instant coffee complementary.

The location is central to the city and lake area and the dining opportunies is plenty just around the corners.

Only one VERY bad thing to highlight is the noise from a neighboring partyplace spreading extremely loud techopop making the walls shake all night until 5am

Ask for a room in the backyard and away from the partyplace.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2018

This hotel has a great location in the town.
It has a lift and a lovely roof terrace on the top.
The rooms are extremely clean (room 442 and 448) and the house cleaning every day perfect.The bathroom is quite big and the shower very convenient.
A little frig with 2 beers and water complimentary on your arrival.
A tray with tea and coffee in the room.
Breakfast was plentiful with a wide variety of food.
Alltogether a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: 442 (on the yard)and 448 (on the street)were a good choice.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This place was a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT on different items:
1) Bad communication: I booked this place on the good recommendations of another hotel, so I contacted the hotel directly to book 4 single rooms. I asked to pay them in advance by invoice, but they first refused, telling me that I needed to pay when arriving by credit cards. As this booking was for work, I told them that my work credit card didn't have enough credit amount to pay 4 nights for 4 people, that is why I was asking for an invoice. Since the conversation by email was not going anywhere, I had to call them and threaten the nice receptionist (who couldn't do much as apparently her manager was in charge of it all) to go to another hotel if they couldn't provide me with another option of payment than the credit card option. In the end I managed to be able to pay a deposit in advance by bank transfer, but I don't understand why I had to struggle so hard.
2) Breakfast: during all 4 days, I had to wait before being able to sit to have breakfast as all the table were full (obviously there is not enough space for all clients); when seats were free most tables were not cleared up and I had to ask myself to the waitresses to clean the tables; on top of that most of the buffet was empty so I needed to ask the waitresses to fill it up, but it was very slowly done and it was quite hard to get clean cutlery.
3) Shower: there was nothing preventing the water from staying in the shower area, but the water could actually run in the whole bathroom, flooding it all, even the toilets, which was so unpleasant.
4) Not a 3* hotel: this hotel did definitely not match the 3* hotel criteria in terms of services; there were not professional.

I would DEFINITELY NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business