All reviews family room beautiful view bread beds cheese
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Friendly family run hotel at the edge of the town of Stege on Møn (famous for Møns/Moens Klint) in a peaceful setting with views looking out over a lake and the countryside. Very helpful staff/family hosts. They are also local and so can help with tips and help for your stay as they kindly did mine.

Some rooms have their own terrace where you can sit and enjoy the tranquil setting as does the sitting/dinning room. Possible to rent a canao (although I did not). Good continental breakast with fried eggs on request.

Room tip: Ask for a room with its own terrace
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed two nights Stege Nor and really enjoyed it. The place is welcoming, bright and "hyggelig" and the staff lovely and charming, especially the latest addition, Wilma. Stege Nor is clean and cosy, breakfast plentiful and the view to die for. Highly recommendable.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We booked a weekend just for relaxing and we found a small paradise. The hostel is very very clean, and the rooms bright an spacious. The owners are really sweet, nice and helpful in recommending places for dining. The breakfast was really good with a variety of stuff.
We would like to come back in the summertime for using the kayaks they offer for free.
Relaxing place, not snobs and we really want to recommend the place. It's just placed 15 minutes walking time from the center of Stege.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2016

I arrived very late to the hotel. So, the only downside that it was very dark around the hotel. Well the city is very dark during the night (I would say it was the darkest nights I've ever seen in my life, but then you can clearly see the stars, especially next to the hotel). Maybe some warning about the lights would be good. I did not have car, so I had to use my phone lighter to walk early in the morning.
Everything else was really nice. The room I was staying with the view of the rising sun in the lake was marvelous. Probably the best view I have ever had in the room. And with that view, it was easy to wake up for work:)
The Hotel is very simple, but with all necessary facilities. Breakfast was great and it seemed that it was only me that was eating it. People in the hotel were all friendly and helping.
If I ever will go back to the area, I would definitely stay in Stege Nor.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank EgleMik
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Jens has a great little B and B style hotel, a bit like a hostel. It's clean, and -- considering that it is open-plan -- very quiet. There were 3 babies and 2 older toddlers staying there and yet we heard nothing. It's good for families. We had a big, well lit, airy, family suite with us adults in the master bedroom and the kids in the next room. The room had a nice balcony too. The breakfast is fine: cereals, ham, cheese, several kinds of bread, jams, orange and apple juice, coffee and tea, veggies, fruit and Jens makes your eggs. Lovely view of the bay. Good beds. Nice bbq area, and a very nice terrace. Exceptionally strong wifi for our 4 gadgets! About a dozen kayaks and life vests are within easy reach. You can walk to the nearby town (Stege), but we drove and did our hiking in the forest and up and down the white cliffs. There's a large kitchen area, and nice dining area. Trampoline and grassy areas for kicking a ball or throwing a frisbee. Strongly recommended! Be aware that if you cook in the kitchen, you will be sharing the (large) countertops and facilities. We like people, so it was great for us. Our kids loved the stay.

Date of stay: June 2016