All reviews shared kitchen one night church reception bathroom
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Motel Stege does not have a reception. You pick up the key to you small apartment yourself. Room is OK size, beds are fine. Small kitchen with fridge and a small stove. Bathroom could need a bit of an update. Everything clean and nice. You can sit in the courtyeard enjoyning the suns set (take chairs from the shed). Location is fantastic, next to the church and in walking distance of everything in Stege,

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2016

A last-minute change in my travel plans took me to Stege and I needed to find a place for two nights. The motel is 3 minutes from the bus terminal, supermarket or restaurants. The room was clean but not comfortable as it was small. There was some hand soap provided and an umbrella. My room, #7, had an accessible bathroom, 1 single bed on the ground floor and 3 single beds up a ladder. Personally, I can't envision a person with mobility issues staying in that room.
My stay was during a warm period, probably uncharacteristic for this place. One has to stay in the room if one wants to keep the windows open, otherwise anyone can look in the room and hop in. I would have loved to spend the evening in the garden, but had to stay in the room to cool it down.
One big advantage of the motel is the large shared kitchen. It has everthing one needs to cook. There is a large fridge, stove with oven, dishes, cookware and different ustensils. No dishwasher. There is also enough place for maybe 20 people. Coffee and tea were also provided. No recycling though.
It is a self-serve place. One retrieves the room key from a lockbox. The owner might have done this a 10,000 times now, however isn't able to provide the pertinent information from the beginning. Like in other places in Denmark, there is a 3.75% surcharge if accommodation is paid by credit card.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 4-7 during the summer. They are on the ground floor and facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2015

Spend one night over weekend on a road trip to Møns Klint. Service was good when calling on the phone to book the room. We got a 4 bed room for the price of a 2 bed, but we only used the downstairs room. 750 kr. is a bit heavy when concidering this is in the country side and you have to cook your own breakfast in a kitchen together with the other guest. Anyway rooms were clean except from spiders under the ceiling and one waking up my wife at night crawling around her face. Overall satisfied as you don´t get much luxury in these parts of the kingdom.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2015

This motel/hotel is right in the center of town and close to shops and restaurants. There is a church next door which starts ringing its bells at 7am so be prepared. The room I was in was small with two twin beds pushed together, two very small end tables, and another table with two chairs. There is no air conditioning but we didn't need it in even in July. The bathroom is small also with a shower, toilet and sink. There were two shelves for your toiletries and a towel rack and some hooks for your towels. The motel/hotel was full but it was very quiet. There is a community full kitchen and eating room that can be used by the guests. There is a small courtyard with tables and chairs for sitting outside to relax or eat. The beds were comfortable although the comforters were winter thickness and rather warm for summer. The room was clean but nothing fancy. The shower was just a corner of the bathroom with just a curtain separating it from the toilet. when finished showering there is a broom/squeegee to wipe the floor down as the water is likely to get all over the bathroom. There was a loft in our room with a ladder. I looked and there was a bed upstairs so the room could hold 3 people in my opinion. There was no host/hostess on site when we arrived. We were given a code to the key box to retrieve our room key. While conveniently located the room was rather basic. But in Europe I have come to expect smaller accommodations. Our room was about $100 USD which is kind of pricey for what we got.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Use the church that it is situated beside the motel as the landmark to find it. I came with low expectations and the basic facilities were as expected. Think 2 star at a stretch. However we were very comfortable for a one night stay and the bed linens and ensuite bathroom clean. The free wifi worked OK and off street (no charge) parking OK if have small car. Plenty of free on street parking if can't get in yard or spaces already taken. We had a great sleep and fortunately were awake when the church bells went at 7am (they were quiet overnight). Stege is a bigger town than I expected so OK for amenities but recommend eat early before it shuts down. There is no on site reception but keys will be left in lockbox for which you will have received code by email.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple