Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Your destination for cheap food in Aarhus

Reviewed 11 September 2017
malak t
Bari, Italy
Melting pot of food and culture

Reviewed 14 March 2017
Linda G
Greater London, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Aarhus
from US$ 33.40
from US$ 20.20
from US$ 46.40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This Bazar is quite diverse.I think it is safe but a bit weird if you are not used to a big and diverse group of immigrants in one place, for me it was not. It offers a variety of cheap meat (halal), chicken, vegetables and fruits, in addition to restaurant (which i did not try yet). I advise people who want to save some money to go there for their weekly shopping. I went twice and I will go again. Plus it is easy to reach, bus station 4a is 1 minute away from entrance.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

What better place to Experience food and culture in situ. I come from Australia which has amazing food due to endless immigration influences. There was even more exotic food that I had never seen or tasted.

1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is probably the most authenthic international shopping market in Denmark. This is where most locals by other nationalities get their products from home. For a while you feel like you're in a market in the middle east, Africa or latin america.
Has everything from furnitures to food, and vegetables to restaurants and hairdressers.

1  Thank Roberto C
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Lots of fresh vegetables and fruits and very cheap. Halal meat is also cheaper than in the supermarket and good shawarma/kebabs fast foods

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Wonderful spices, fresh vegatables, halal meat or schawarma - You'll find anything inhere and at very affordable prices. I love visiting turkey - especially Marmaris - and get kind of nostalgic every time i visit Bazar Vest

Reviewed 4 July 2013

Ok, not the cleanest place in Denmark, but gives a clear indication to many racists in Denmark, that we can look after ourselves - and they do.
Enchanting and facinating and bussking market full of characrer.
Plenty of small restaurants/foodstalls makes the whole place smell like indian curry. I LOVE IT !!,

Reviewed 29 October 2012

this for me was a great experience, being from africa myself, it was great to see this. added a different dimension to my view of arhus. I tend to struggle with the review below, telling people not to go here, as i think with the right outlook, this can be a great place. of course its not a place for camera around the neck tourists, etc etc, but it is a place to see a certain perspective of real life in the vest of arhus. recoomend it.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

To go shopping i Bazar Vest, is like a travel to the middle east, buy easier, cheaper and safer
The atmosphere is friendly, you can also eat in small restaurants from different countries. I love to come there just to buy vegetables and fruit to reasonable prices. And you should not misthe shops with dresses, shoes and juvelery. I specially like the shop with the colorful and adventouros clothes from Pakistan.

5  Thank Ninarasmussen
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Bazar Vest is located in the "ghetto" of Aarhus.
You will be surprised to see how few Danes you will find in Bazar Vest, this is due to the fact that Bazat vest is located in the Arab quarter. Crime in this part of Aarhus (while mild compared to other countries) is relatively high.
Much of the goods sold at Bazar Vest are near their sell by date.

The only redeeming factor is that one can buy a nice piece of bread at the bakery, and that there are a collection of fruit and vegetable for sale. However, I've seen unaware Europeans get charged extra for buying the same amount of goods as I bought. Always haggle.

10  Thank desuchan1337