“Really delicious”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Just enough different dishes to choose between. We had burger and under uret pasta dish, very delicious

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Not a place I visit all that often but have been here 10+ times over the past 25 year.
I have never a really good experience and would never recommend this place to anyone. Price vs Quality is simple not good enough.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This place has it all: Good service, nice, filling meals and possibility to sit inside as weel as outside. The meals are very big!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This was the first time I visited Under Uret after new owners had taken over the place. In the press release it was mentioned that there would be no bigger changes made to the place. What a shame!

Located in one of the best places in Svendborg this locations deserves much better than what I experienced. It was a quiet evening with the place only 20% full.

First of all the service staff was not paying any attention to me when I entered. I sat myself at a table and waited more than 10 minutes before anyone came to my table. The young man was clearly tied and did not even present today's specials. In general the service standards in Denmark are low (for several reasons) - but this was below any standard.

For the starter I ordered salmon with a cream sauce. The waiter presented it to me as a soup! The dish was actually okay, but the cook must have forgotten to salt the dish. I was saved by the salt mill on the table.

Main dish was a filet steak in red wine sauce. Much better than the starter, but the meat was over cooked.

I decided not to bother to have dessert at Under Uret.

I would recommend that the new owners has a detailed look at two thing:

1. The staff. The general service level must be higher at a place with this price level. Stop reciting minimum paid students, but hire more mature and service minded.

2. Look carefully at your menu. I suggest making the menu much simpler. Split the menu in a day and and evening section. Make everything simpler - but better. The kitchen needs focus.

I was strongly considering to grade Under Uret 1 star, but you get 2 small stars, but this only due to the cosy rooms and clean toilets - along with a decent main.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Good choice for a business lunch in the Svendborg downtown. Excellent food, i recommend their soups, but also the ribeye. Great service.