All reviews troulos beach self catering cleaned every day plenty of sunbeds the bus the main road peaceful holiday skiathos town toastie maker fruit trees great place to chill the pool area was nice like coming home clean sheets numerous tavernas balcony overlooking next year
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Ok what can I say..
Well when I arrived we had to wait as they didn't have one of our names down. Not sure who was at fault may be travel agents.
Got shown to our room which was over the bridge. Bathroom was small. And I didn't like idea of putting dirty paper in a bin. But I think that everywhere. So was all new to me. . To be honest and we was self catering all we needed was a base. Nice to sit out on the balcony at night after a long day. . They did say you couldn't swim.after a certain time. But we did. As one way to cool down. Also near bars shops. Lovely place to each on the beach front.
Just round corner we rented a quad bike out for a few days. If you get a chance do it. We went most places different beaches. See different scenery very beautiful and breeze was nice as it was very warm.
Pool was nice and clean .
Me myself just for a base I thought it was nice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimpaul F
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I sympathise with the review that felt they were dumped on the dusty drive - they were lucky, in that the owners knew they were coming - it took two members of staff to realise that we should have been there.
Then it was the walk over the bridge to our accomodation. Quite pleasant, in that it was tucked away in a quiet corner, but it was reminiscent, unfortunately, of a post WW2 pre-fab and sitting around the undoubtedly nice terrace area was like sitting in mosquito alley with no amount of candles, repellent or scents shaking them off for the girls - the blighters must have hated me as I never got bitten once.
The actual area where the Green Meadow is situated is nice enough and the pool and communal areas are kept clean - but again, unfortunately, the place seems run-down through lack of investment and the messy ex snack bar area and the rubbish utensils in the room which need updating.
Basic stuff like beds are ok enough but it's spoiled by the old utensils and just a feeling of being a bit shoddy.
I hate giving a review like this as we had a good holiday, and the pool area was nice and quiet, but it was made by the company, the good restaurants in resort (The Victoria just outside was an ideal replacement for the snack bar) and the beach. The Green Mile, sorry Meadow, was just a bit run down

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Conrad1965
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We arrived at Green Meadows and could not believe there is no reception. In fact there is not much of anything but let me begin at the beginning. We waited for about 10 minutes in the blazing sun for someone anyone to advise what to do. Eventually a lady appeared who could not speak a word of English and we had to point out on a piece of paper our names which had been handwritten on! We were shown to our room and she then pointed to the air con and safe. We had both. We were charged 110 euro for 2 weeks safe and 2 weeks air con.

The apartment was spacious and relatively clean. It had two single beds, a wardrobe, 1 bedside table and a very small shelf under a mirror. The kitchen area had plates, tiny glasses, two mugs, various cutlery, kettle, toaster and toastie machine. The underbench fridge had been turned down to low it was useless until we turned it up. The bathroom was basic with a handheld shower and an incredibly slippery floor. We did hear of one guest slipping and hurting her side, thankfully she did not break anything.

The pool area is basic and small but clean. There is NO bar so any drinks, ice creams you want have to be purchased from the shop and then put in your room. There is evidence that a bar was there but from speaking to repeat guests this was closed long ago. The block where the bar used to be has two toilets attached at the back, not once in 2 weeks did these have toilet paper in.

This has to be THE worst place I have ever stayed in my life. It is so basic its not even on the self catering spectrum. If you want a relaxing holiday with a lie in forget it. The lady who showed us to our room will not let you sleep in. At 7am every single morning she was out the front sweeping with her brush, if that didnt wake you up she would then rustle huge plastic bags and if that didnt wake you up she would get her pick and come to the rear to dig the garden!!!! More than once I caught her with hands on her hips blatantly staring into our room. Incredibly rude and to be honest Ive never encountered anything like it in my entire life. On our last day she was banging on the door holding up her hands saying we had 12 minutes to get out!!!! When in fact we could have kept the room until midday.

Please be careful when purchasing air con. As previously mentioned we paid 110 euro for 2 weeks combined with a safe, we heard of others who paid a lot more, in fact 200 euro for 2 weeks. Our wonderful next door neighbours had much amusement over the air con ;)

Pests are a big problem. I was stung by a wasp whilst sunbathing at the pool, after that I did not venture out without my big yellow can of wasp killer!

Another thing that really bugged me was constantly being disturbed when sunbathing by poor people dumped on the dirt track too. We did our best to help but it was not our job to play receptionist. One poor couple were out in the sun for over an hour before the lady appeared.

The whole place is ran on a shoe string and without a shadow of a doubt the most awful place weve ever stayed. I did try to get a flight home after 5 days but there was only 1 seat left on the Manchester flight.

This is also not a sole Thomas Cook place, through the time we were there different nationalities descended on the place and were loud and generally rude. One of the lovely couples we met were actually verbally abused by one of them. They simply asked them to tone the constant noise down.

The only one positive to this place is the gardens. They are beautifully kept with fruit trees galore. The whole place has lots of potential but the way its ran its a wonder it has guests.

The shop is a few minutes walk away and has everything, Victoria is next to that and is a superb bar and restaurant.

If this was the last place in Skiathos I would not stay here again. I have had 2 weeks of slumming it and will never ever go on a self catering holiday again. The only thing that has made it bearable has been the lovely people weve met there. I did hear one couple say these words and to be honest it sums it up "is this it?"

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
15  Thank scallyally
Reviewed 20 July 2017

hello again green meadow lovely setting,very peaceful,the accommodation are light and airy with plenty of room, with a balcony over looking the large meadow. rooms are cleaned out ever day. relax by the pool plenty of sunbeds relax the day away great place to chill out very peaceful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnfI5620DF
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The accommodation was typical of Greece, kept very clean (room cleaned everyday) with regular towel/ bedding changes. On site Pool offers restful location to spend the day, the only thing missing for me was an on-site snack bar, looked like there used to be one. The gardens are well kept and add to the overall experience.

Room Tip: We had room 12 which was spacious and seemed to remain quite cool during the day, although we did purchase A/C to boost this.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple