“Must visit”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Very genuinely traditional place. Food quality and taste is very high. Service is OK and prices are good. The environment is warm and friendly with nice decoration reminding of an older era. Very nice music and atmosphere. Should visit it for both the food and music. The place has kept its character and quality intact. It is at the exact same location for almost half century (45 years), since 1971, while it originally opened back in 1944, which makes it even more special and picturesque. Thessaloniki's live history at its best! A must visit.

1  Thank Pavlos P

Reviewed 17 February 2016

Excelent greek tavern with traditional retsina (type of white wine with resin). At nights they have really good live traditional greek music (except on Wednesdays). Best of the soutzoukakia (cylindrical meat balls) and the fried potatoes!!
The service is nice and friendly!
Very good prices!!
Do not miss it!

1  Thank LoukCH C
Reviewed 6 November 2015

I had the pleasure of eating at Pire ke Vradiazi for the first time with a large group of co-workers and friends, and I could not have asked for a better experience. The atmosphere is great- everyone is friendly and the taverna is beautiful, but also very cozy and warm with soft lighting and traditional decor. You immediately feel welcomed when you enter. The food, however, was even better! We ordered plates to share, which included fresh salads and cheeses, amazing meatballs, savory pork ribs, and an incredible retsina that was brewed in-house. Delicious, traditional Greek food with big portions at a very good price! So excited to return!

2  Thank Kelley C
Reviewed 29 October 2015

I'm from America and working in Thessaloniki. I went to Pire ke Vradiazi for the first time yesterday with a few local friends, and it was the true Greek experience. When I walked in, I immediately loved the atmosphere--folk art, soft lights, enticing smells. We sat down at our table and my friend got us a round of retzina wine that the manager/owner apparently brews himself. The retzina was the best I've had, presented in traditional metal work mugs. We were a big group (about 12 of us), so we ordered plates to share. The Greek salad was fresh, the meatballs (their specialty) are a must, and then we polished it off with a delicious dessert (the name of which I can't remember, but it was cooked apple discs covered in something that tasted similar to peanut butter--very hot). The total of all drinks and food we shared came out to just short of 15 euro per person, which was very reasonable. By the end of our lunch, full of retzina and Greek food, I felt like I finally had a real Greek taverna experience. Can't wait to go again!

1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 28 October 2015

i knew about it for years and never visited...so it happened to be there just yesterday and now i am happy about discovering a new,warm,friendly spot,accompanied by some great music and smiles by the owners!!!

1  Thank reginamaria633